Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to IWL German Watch Forum

Welcome to IWL German Watch Forum

So I'll take this time to say Hello and Welcome to our new endeavor here at IWL. As has been said in other areas here we're very excited to have a new place on the internet to discuss those wonderful time keeping devices that we all love.

German watches have become a interest to me over the past five years and I sort of came to enjoy them probably in a very different manner than mosts. My first two new German watches were both Glashutte Originals and not of the more traditional models. The first was a Seventies Pano Date in the 10,000 color blue dial. The second was a Senator Navigator Pano Date type A Pilot watch with the second hand zero feature.

More recently I have fallen in love with Nomos, but again my first Nomos is the very controversial Metro (at least controversial by Nomos standards). Ironically on the day we decided to build this forum I was actually at a Nomos US event and spent nearly two days with all of the various models.

So I'll say welcome again and kick this off with a few pictures.

Cheers,

Michael

Oh tell your friends about us!
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 12, 2014 at 01:21 AM.

2. Likes Chronopolitano, wschofield3, N/A liked this post
    I love that Seventies PanoDate. So beautiful.

I love the Metro. It's only controversial for those made nervous by originality...

It's so hard to come up with a convincing design that doesn't look like something else. This one has a breezy freshness that is utterly beguiling.

Too rich for my blood at the moment, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I love the Metro. It's only controversial for those made nervous by originality...

It's so hard to come up with a convincing design that doesn't look like something else. This one has a breezy freshness that is utterly beguiling.

According the US Sales director HP this watch has sold multiple times their expectation. Right now it is about a 3-4 month wait to get one. I'm glad I loved it at first sight and ordered day one.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

I really like the Metro. Quirky, but still classy. I did find it 1-2mm too small for me though and much as I like wire lugs they felt slightly too spindly for my liking. I'm not asking for a 42mm beefed up version but slightly bigger and I would love it. Slightly smaller and my wife would love it.

I have a lot of time for German watches and really appreciate the value they offer. I'd take almost any ALS over any Patek. Here's my only one at the moment - the Orion Datum Weiss. I had a Dievas dive watch (fricker/ickler?) case, Swiss ETA movement, shipped from Singapore...'made in Germany ' printed on the dial. Isn't this industry confusing. Flipped because of lack of versatility, and massive 44mm size. Great lume though.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by geoffbot; Nov 12, 2014 at 07:46 AM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Samanator, Der Amf liked this post

10. Likes Samanator, N/A, birdynamnam liked this post
    My thoughts I the metro? Too quirky for me - I like simple, classic.

How's the accuracy, Michael? What are the started specs for the swing system? I don't actually know what they are for my beta movement - I'll get googling.

Wow. Picture quality is horrible when uploading directly from tapatalk.

Yes - I tend to go for the attachment option