Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Not a tank watch, a watch tank!

Not a tank watch, a watch tank!

The seller makes some other items from watch parts too. I might go for the motorcycle next.
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

is he using old Seiko fives cool
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Have you seen www.watchpartsmotorcycles.com ?

on instagram as well https://instagram.com/watchpartsmotorcycles/

Some really cool designs. and I'm not even interested in motor cycles..

4. Likes OhDark30, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Thanks for posting these!
    You've reminded me of amechanicalmind on Etsy, who does watch part insects and pendants

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440665500.415542.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440665488.884752.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440665513.199441.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  112.5 KB

I'm in two minds about people making things from watch parts. I love when it's done with creativity and style, like the ones you guys have linked to.
    I'm less impressed with hackneyed steampunk-by-numbers efforts, and like Matt, feel saddened when I see hard-to-find Russian movements butchered :-(
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

6. Likes DJW GB, 93EXCivic liked this post
    Ohh nice!

I bloody love it lol cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    is he using old Seiko fives cool
    No Seiko 5s. For the record:

1 Sea-Gull, 1 Chunlei, 1 Citizen, 2 Orients, 2 Orient cases, 2 Baiyuens, 1 watch case of unknown origin, and other watch-related parts.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Have you seen www.watchpartsmotorcycles.com ?

on instagram as well https://instagram.com/watchpartsmotorcycles/

Some really cool designs. and I'm not even interested in motor cycles..
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Thanks for posting these!
    You've reminded me of amechanicalmind on Etsy, who does watch part insects and pendants

I'm in two minds about people making things from watch parts. I love when it's done with creativity and style, like the ones you guys have linked to.
    I'm less impressed with hackneyed steampunk-by-numbers efforts, and like Matt, feel saddened when I see hard-to-find Russian movements butchered :-(
    Thanks for the links and pictures. I hadn't seen them before, and I'm very impressed with the creativity.

I would cringe if rare watch parts were used, but the watches used in the tank are all common models. Working examples can be seen for a few yuan, but usually no one buys them. I think sellers couldn't give their non-functioning counterparts away. I occasionally get an additional "gift" in my parcels from China, however. For example, this watch came with the tank, but I don't know whether it came from the same seller or another. It's a women's Sea-Gull.

My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    did put up some great watch parts as art can't remember if it was here or there will have to dig them out again they was quite stunning from memory

and yes should have looked close or turn the pic upside down but did look Seiko five on the top one from this angle

but still cool what every used yeah I am well if it is done right then yes love these things if done wrong then no do not like but each to there own I suppose
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1