Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Longines L2.794.4.53.2 Heritage 1935 Review.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Thank you for an excellent review and photos, Henry. The Longines Heritage 1935 is a really lovely watch, and as others have noted, the separate parts work well together, resulting in a beautiful timepiece. Wear it in good health. I will definitely need to check out the Chateau next time I am in Montreal.

Thank you Jane. Based on this experience I would highly recommend the Chateau. Also, it is only a three minute walk from the Swatch boutique.

2. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Most have already been said, so I will just thank you for an excellent review and some beautiful pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Great review and pictures Henry. Really like the cushion case with that dial. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Great review Henry, love the watch.
    Thank you gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    What a great looking watch! The overall appearance re: "crispness" of the dial, precision machining of the case, bezel and crown...you can tell that this was so well cared for in its manufacture. As others have said, the parts, as well done as they are, create an outstanding sum of the whole.

Congratulations, Henry!
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Lovely photos, Henry! That's a great looking watch.
    Thanks guys. Much of the modern Longines line leaves me cold but the Heritage line is quite wonderful. I tried on a bunch of the Heritage line and the fit, finish and attention to detail is consistent across the line from the tiny and fantastic Conquest all the way up to the absurdly big A-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, and great pics, as usual.

It is indeed a very nice piece as I have seen it and tried it on. Congrats on owning this beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Very nice. This is definitely a watch I can see adding to my collection.
    Thank you gents.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Terrific review and photography! I've been drooling over your Longines ever since you got it, and that review is NOT helping my willpower at all! Thanks for the informative post, Henry.

~Sherry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I hate that watch... (hey, my first time of using this emoticon!)

42mm is also my magic number, plus the cushion case and black dial... your excellent review and pictorial make me want one so bad.. you just show justice to its beauty.. no wonder it is your current king of wrist time..

thank you very much Henry! thank you for your 'torture'!..

Thank you Sherry and Iyonk. It is always my pleasure.

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Congrats! Its a really beautiful looking watch (as are so many Longines Heritage pieces)!

For me personally I'm in the no date camp for this one. I can accept it in the Heritage chronos with a bicompax layout and date at 6 but the intersection with the seconds dial bothers me. But so long as you're ok with it thats what matter right? Enjoy it in the best of health.
    Thank you. I understand your feelings about the date. I was a little surprised at myself.

Great review and lovely pics. It does seem a shame that the bezel is fixed. I think subtly done rotating bezels are an underrated and under used feature

10. Likes OhDark30, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    What would a rotating bezel add? It's not graduated...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Was thinking same as Geoff. How did the original design look?

Edit: Googling lead me to this image
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 109
Size:  294.3 KB

The triangle at 12 I guess is connected to the rotating bezel.
    Last edited by meijlinder; Aug 28, 2015 at 08:10 AM.

14. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post

Longines L2.794.4.53.2 Heritage 1935 Review.

It's a great watch, Henry!
    Lots of history, and a well-executed modern version
    I looked at getting myself an issue Longines Czech Air Force watch at one time, I do like its capable elegance

Re the bezel - yes, the triangle marker sits on a rotating bezel ring in the original m has pictured.
    Like the red mark on coin-edged rotating bezels, it gives pilots the ability to time down to an event (eg low fuel) or up (from a navigation turning point), by reading the time difference between the minute hand and the marker
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440754783.253123.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  105.9 KB
    pic: ruscamera on ebay, Poljot 3133 Kirova chrono re-issue
    Last edited by OhDark30; Aug 28, 2015 at 09:41 AM.
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

16. Likes geoffbot, Henry Krinkle, JAGtime liked this post