Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Longines L2.794.4.53.2 Heritage 1935 Review.

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    It's a great watch, Henry!
    Lots of history, and a well-executed modern version
    I looked at getting myself an issue Longines Czech Air Force watch at one time, I do like its capable elegance

Re the bezel - yes, the triangle marker sits on a rotating bezel ring in the original m has pictured.
    Like the red mark on coin-edged rotating bezels, it gives pilots the ability to time down to an event (eg low fuel) or up (from a navigation turning point), by reading the time difference between the minute hand and the marker
    Attachment 29516
    pic: ruscamera on ebay, Poljot 3133 Kirova chrono re-issue
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Was thinking same as Geoff. How did the original design look?

Edit: Googling lead me to this image
    Attachment 29511

The triangle at 12 I guess is connected to the rotating bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    What would a rotating bezel add? It's not graduated...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Great review and lovely pics. It does seem a shame that the bezel is fixed. I think subtly done rotating bezels are an underrated and under used feature
    Thank you all. OD30 has covered the purpose of the rotating bezel very well. I am guessing Longines made a decision, probably based on cost vs sales, that most people would not use the rotating bezel and that non- watch freaks wouldn't pay the extra cost for it. Here is an excellent photo from watchesbysjx.com

Name:  Longines Heritage 1935 and Czech Air Force comparison 5.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  54.9 KB

In fact, here is his side by side comparison:

http://www.watchesbysjx.com/2014/09/...tage-1935.html

2. Likes meijlinder, OhDark30, JAGtime liked this post
    yep striking very nice indeed mate am so jel of some of your collection hell all of your collection come to think of it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Nice Pics Henry (as always), & excellent review.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post