Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Celebrating my new arrival....

  1. #1
    Ich bin ein Ebeler! WWII70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Boston ex-pat Brit
    Posts
    1,212

    Celebrating my new arrival....

    This just in......
    Ebel Sportwave 500M 9120K6 1215882 White/silver dial LE 60/100
    Got on sale at Movado Company Store in Wrentham MA. I will post more details of the sale and their collection in the Good Deals forum (mods, is this the right place for this info?)

    Thanks to Rick Denney for his fabulous review of this watch at "the other place" which led me to this watch.





    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

  2. Likes Rob, Rdenney, germy, bacari, GlennO, JAGtime liked this post
  3. #2

    Celebrating my new arrival....

    Ebel is odd in how it is almost overbuilt and tankish, yet possesses much more styling than the average boutique watch.

    It's taking tool and styling to a mutually high level. That's really unique.

    Nice watch, man!

  4. #3

    Celebrating my new arrival....

    Good choice. They made 100 each of these in black, orange, and white dials. I've never seen the orange dial, and this is the first white-dialed 500 I've seen.

    Ebel is a brand that always pursues high style, no matter what sort of watch. When I bought mine, I compared it to a lot of dive watches. Nothing even at its $3450 retail price point could touch it, and they are now selling these at a much lower price. I compared it to most of the usual suspects, and even watches at higher price points could not beat it. The case treatment is pure Ebel, shapely where most are squared off, and possessing panache unusual for divers.



    The movement is an Ebel caliber 120--a top-grade 2892-2 (no date).

    I'm glad that they are still dribbling these out--Bacari wants one, I know.

    This is a big watch at 45mm, but at 15mm it is surprisingly not that thick compared to most recent divers with this rating. It is not as thin as some dressy divers (my 200m Concord Mariner is under 10mm), but it is proportioned really well.

    All that said, this watch is MUCH better on the excellent rubber strap. The bracelet was a little wild.

    Rick "so what about that Tekton?" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

  5. Likes Rob liked this post
  6. #4
    KEĜJNF Spooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    915
    Blog Entries
    12
    Very nice sir. May she give you many good years! (Aren't you the one who owns a UTS diver? Nothing else would ever get wrist time if I had one)

  7. #5
    Ich bin ein Ebeler! WWII70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Boston ex-pat Brit
    Posts
    1,212
    No Rod has the UTS. I have the Tag Aquagraph, also 500M rated like the Ebel but with a chrono that can be run underwater due to rubber gaskets on the pushers. I know this works safely as I used the chrono to time over 20 dives last year.

    All the best, Rory

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Very nice sir. May she give you many good years! (Aren't you the one who owns a UTS diver? Nothing else would ever get wrist time if I had one)
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

  8. #6
    Ich bin ein Ebeler! WWII70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Boston ex-pat Brit
    Posts
    1,212
    Rick
    As I thought the Tektons (both 'plain' Cal 137 and the Soccer-themed Cal 245) are just too big for me at 48.5 mm.

    I will give it some more thought, review your wristshot, and possibly go back and try them on again. Maybe I can convince myself.

    Cheers, Rory

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Good choice. They made 100 each of these in black, orange, and white dials. I've never seen the orange dial, and this is the first white-dialed 500 I've seen.

    Ebel is a brand that always pursues high style, no matter what sort of watch. When I bought mine, I compared it to a lot of dive watches. Nothing even at its $3450 retail price point could touch it, and they are now selling these at a much lower price. I compared it to most of the usual suspects, and even watches at higher price points could not beat it. The case treatment is pure Ebel, shapely where most are squared off, and possessing panache unusual for divers.



    The movement is an Ebel caliber 120--a top-grade 2892-2 (no date).

    I'm glad that they are still dribbling these out--Bacari wants one, I know.

    This is a big watch at 45mm, but at 15mm it is surprisingly not that thick compared to most recent divers with this rating. It is not as thin as some dressy divers (my 200m Concord Mariner is under 10mm), but it is proportioned really well.

    All that said, this watch is MUCH better on the excellent rubber strap. The bracelet was a little wild.

    Rick "so what about that Tekton?" Denney
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Rick
    As I thought the Tektons (both 'plain' Cal 137 and the Soccer-themed Cal 245) are just too big for me at 48.5 mm.

    I will give it some more thought, review your wristshot, and possibly go back and try them on again. Maybe I can convince myself.

    Cheers, Rory
    Well, it is true that I have large wrists. But I thought that about the Tekton, too, until I started wearing mine. The lugs are integral and short, and the shape nestles against the wrist, so don't be too intimidated by the dimension.

    Rick "who has learned to decide quickly with desirable models at the Movado Company Store" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

  10. #8
    Member bacari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    3
    Very nice! Congrats!


    bacari

  11. #9
    Member Perseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,229
    Congrats!


  12. #10
    Licorice eater Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    918
    Blog Entries
    2

    Question

    That model is available with a bracelet??? What the hell do the end links look like? Seriously, I really cannot picture that.
    She said I was the apple of her eye so I told her she was the rutabaga of my duodenum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us