Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What would you do?

Hybrid View

What would you do?

So I talked with Rob at Toppers and he had a visit with the new president of Omega US. I thought one of the questions the president asked would be a great discussion here. He asked what would you like to see in a co-axial upgrade to the classic speedy moonwatch? I know my answers, which I reveal later, but I want to see what others come up with? Have at it?
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 22, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

A really, really huge box!

Just kidding.

I'll tell you what I would NOT like to see and that's the usual increase in the thickness which has prevented me from buying the last few Omegas that had me exited.

A 321 with a co-axial escapement would be be everything I could wish for. Don't mess about with the rest. There's a reason that people have been coming back for fifty years.
    Last edited by GaryF; Nov 22, 2014 at 07:24 AM.

So I had the following items:
    If the case increase in size keep it to no greater than 1mm in case back area. Must have the hesalite crystal and the solid case back. Agree on the column wheel 321 with the coaxial, Absolutely keep the case as is. Use the newer screw bracelet with the new micro adjust clasp (like the Mark II). Ceramic insert in the bezel with Liquid metal numerals. Would like to see the classic dial done with all the markings using the new laser etching they used on the 45th anniversary. Last I would like to see a Titanium case and bracelet option that retains the black/white dial and the black bezel insert.
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So I had the following items:
    If the case increase in size keep it to no greater than 1mm in case back area. Must have the hesalite crystal and the solid case back. Agree on the column wheel 321 with the coaxial, Absolutely keep the case as is. Use the newer screw bracelet with the new micro adjust clasp (like the Mark II). Ceramic insert in the bezel with Liquid metal numerals. Would like to see the classic dial done with all the markings using the new laser etching they used on the 45th anniversary. Last I would like to see a Titanium case and bracelet option that retains the black/white dial and the black bezel insert.
    Just remembered that I've long wanted to see a return to those crisp, all-brushed bracelets (albeit with todays solid feel) but my guess is that we'll see some big polished links in line with their recent offerings (Mk II aside).

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this an update to the Speedmaster Professional?

it's bigger, sure but other than that, automatic, coaxial, column wheel.

I suppose the question in return suggests that they might make a handwind only version of the 3313?
    Last edited by drunken monkey; Nov 22, 2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this an update to the Speedmaster Professional?

it's bigger, sure but other than that, automatic, coaxial, column wheel.

I suppose the question in return suggests that they [i]might[i/] make a handwind only version of the 3313?
    OK he was talking about the 42mm 311.30.42.30.01.005 and 311.33.42.30.01.002 versions.
    Cheers,

Michael

No way, that would take a lot of the nostalgia away for me
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I'd say leave it alone! They already have a modern Speedy in the 9300 and it's available is many different dial, case and hand color options. Speaking of the 9300 I'd like to see it made much thinner.

If a new model is in addition to and not in lieu of whatever they are calling the 3570 now, I'd love to see it with a Ti case, ceramic bezel and the adjustable bracelet clasp and a exhibition case back.