Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramones

Ramones

I had a very nice PM asking me - is that Johnny Ramone in my avatar? and I said yes and enthused and so did my correspondent, and I thought I would widen the conversation

I was listening to their It's Alive album a few years ago and my flatmate very nonchalantly said, oh I was at that gig. It turned out he had seen them four times around the late seventies early eighties.

I don't think I've ever been more jealous of anything in my entire life.

I saw them three times in the late 80s but I would love to have been old enough (and aware of them) and seen them at CBGB.

I always thought Johnny and Joey's real surnames were hilarious, especially together Hyman and Cummings (I know one is spelled incorrectly to be funny written). Just like I think it is funny Frank Beard was the only one in ZZ Top sans beard, though he does have a "normal" one of late.

I have a couple of Ramones albums on my work playlist, I wanna be sedated....excellent tooth pulling music !
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Blog Entries
    Name:  20141122_082958.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  50.6 KB

So, this is my wife's left arm...

5. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Saw the Ramones on New Years Eve at Malibu Night Club in Lido Beach and at My Fathers Place in Roslyn. Fantastic!

Seemed like 30 songs in 32 minutes and then they were gone. Amazing!

Think it was in '81.

Check out the live at MFP concert on the bottom right of the WLIR site

http://wlir.fm
    Last edited by Yankeexpress; Nov 22, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    I can relate to the jealousy -- my best friend when I was a kid got to see the Beatles. I wanted to kill him when he told me he'd gotten a ticket. Then there was my sister, who got to see both Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin, albeit at different shows. I can't really begrudge her the Hendrix show since she went to the same high school he did.

A friend of mine and I were at a Go Gos show the night Joey died. When they encored with I Wanna Be Sedated I cried for only the second time in my adult life.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I can relate to the jealousy -- my best friend when I was a kid got to see the Beatles. I wanted to kill him when he told me he'd gotten a ticket. Then there was my sister, who got to see both Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin, albeit at different shows. I can't really begrudge her the Hendrix show since she went to the same high school he did.

A friend of mine and I were at a Go Gos show the night Joey died. When they encored with I Wanna Be Sedated I cried for only the second time in my adult life.
    Saw the Go-Gos 4 times in NY. Got them all to autograph the first album after the show at My Fathers Place.

Rock N' Roll Highschool, one of my favorite songs.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I liked Rock and
    Roll
    Radio even more - it has the most perfect Middle 8

12. Likes Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    Seemed like 30 songs in 32 minutes and then they were gone. Amazing!
    They were the kings of the fast set and two minute songs.