Likes Likes:  4,961
Page 342 of 477 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4763

Thread: Random watch thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I'm really warming to the Diet Pepsi. Plus, since the Black Bay ETA bracelet fits, I could conceivably save some cash by buying the leather model instead of the bracelet (or simply get the bracelet, remove it, and replace it with either a strap or my non-rivet bracelet, and keep the bracelet safe in case I decide to resell it).

Realistically, a BLRO is out of the question. I'm a patient man, to a point. If it takes more than 3 or 4 minutes to get something I want, I'll lose interest. And the price is far too high to accept a Jubilee bracelet when it's not what I want. The Diet Pepsi is admittedly thick, but I'm told it hides a good deal of this thickness. And while it would be the thickest watch in my collection, it's far from the thickest watch I've ever owned. And I would like to add a GMT complication to my collection, though I had been planning on a 16570 Explorer II instead.

StockX posted a thickness comparison at the other place:

I don't know. Lots of time to think about it, though.
    I have been hearing quite a bit of negative things about the Tudor. Seems their have been date problems and other quality control issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I have been hearing quite a bit of negative things about the Tudor. Seems their have been date problems and other quality control issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The biggest thing I've heard of is the date issue, which has been reported as "excess lubricant" being the problem. Whether or not that's the actual case and not just what RSC is saying, I suppose we'll never know. I'm not in the market now anyway, so there should be plenty of time for these things to clear up before I am.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Rolex GMTs and Explorer IIs have some history with the date change issue. And yes, it’s related to excess oil under the date wheel. Most dates change instantly but some don’t, depending on the location of the oil. Cycling the date can fix it, but not always. Other than that, it is easily remedied at service.

My 16570 does it a bit, but the date will flip after an hour or two. I’ve never found it stuck halfway in the morning. I’ll mention it when I take it in for service next year, but it hasn’t bothered me too much - even if it shouldn’t happen at all. I’m guessing that my 16570 hasn’t had a service yet.

Name:  4872C716-E88B-4F76-9EFB-77F9522E690B.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  75.7 KB

Grand Seiko nano-designer.

Blog Entries
    Does Zenith not make the El Primero 36'000 anymore? When I went to their website, the El Primero isn't even listed as a line anymore. Now it's just Defy, Chronomaster, Elite, and Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Does Zenith not make the El Primero 36'000 anymore? When I went to their website, the El Primero isn't even listed as a line anymore. Now it's just Defy, Chronomaster, Elite, and Pilot.
    In the Chronomaster collection:

I thought El Primero was just the movement's name, not the model.

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    In the Chronomaster collection:

I thought El Primero was just the movement's name, not the model.
    Thanks.

Not that long ago, I believe El Primero referred to both a movement in other collections in Zenith's lineup and a collection that had the 36'000bph El Primero movement. But there were watches in other collections that had El Primero movements.

Blog Entries
    Am I missing something here, Jomashop?

Used Seamaster 300, $5,176:
    https://www.jomashop.com/preown-1-om...21-01-001.html

New Seamaster 300, $4,650:
    https://www.jomashop.com/omega-233-30-41-21-01-001.html

11. Likes rodia77, synequano liked this post
    Name:  EE258388-6158-4338-8A7F-15EC93BBB288.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  70.2 KB

The middle bit goes round.

Not for everyone, obviously, but he’s only making fifteen.

No cut-off numerals to offend the finicky.

13. Likes litlmn liked this post