Likes Likes:  1,926
Page 219 of 226 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2252

Thread: Random watch thread

  1. #2181
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15,099
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Omega Seamaster Olympic Games Collection

    Attachment 71935

    More details, here: https://www.fratellowatches.com/omeg...es-collection/
    Minus the Olympic Rings at 6, I quite like some of those color combinations.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  2. #2182
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15,099
    Blog Entries
    5
    I know I've posted this before, but I just came across an old post of mine elsewhere with this picture in it, so I had to post it again. I think this is one of the best looking dress watches I've ever seen.

    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  3. Likes synequano, tribe125 liked this post
  4. #2183
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I know I've posted this before, but I just came across an old post of mine elsewhere with this picture in it, so I had to post it again. I think this is one of the best looking dress watches I've ever seen.

    First of all, congratulations on 15,000+ posts!

    Unfortunately, I really don't care for this one at all, to be honest. Don't care for the small, squished Roman numerals, which look even smaller and more squished next to the other indices, which stretch all the way to the center guilloché. The guilloché itself doesn't seem fine enough (in other words, too much space between lines), the hour and minute hands are stubby and not graceful, and a dress watch shouldn't have an arrow on the end of the seconds hand. Actually, I'm not sure any watch should have an arrow on the end of the seconds hand. Finally, the vertical ridges on each end of the case remind me of those old fashioned coin slots built into cars in the 1960's and 70's.

    Other than that, I've got no problems with it.

  5. #2184
    Moderator - Central tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    8,711
    I like it. Not timelessly elegant, but bold and original.

    Am I right in thinking it’s discontinued?

  6. #2185
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15,099
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    First of all, congratulations on 15,000+ posts!

    Unfortunately, I really don't care for this one at all, to be honest. Don't care for the small, squished Roman numerals, which look even smaller and more squished next to the other indices, which stretch all the way to the center guilloché. The guilloché itself doesn't seem fine enough (in other words, too much space between lines), the hour and minute hands are stubby and not graceful, and a dress watch shouldn't have an arrow on the end of the seconds hand. Actually, I'm not sure any watch should have an arrow on the end of the seconds hand. Finally, the vertical ridges on each end of the case remind me of those old fashioned coin slots built into cars in the 1960's and 70's.

    Other than that, I've got no problems with it.
    Thanks!

    It's weird; the Rolex is a combination of a lot things I don't like (Roman numerals, textured dials, wasted space), but somehow I find the whole rather stunning.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  7. #2186
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15,099
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I like it. Not timelessly elegant, but bold and original.

    Am I right in thinking it’s discontinued?
    Indeed you are. Out of production for several years now, I believe.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  8. #2187
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    15,311
    I'd prefer a reverso myself. Or a hundred other dress watch models. But hey taste is personal right?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  9. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
  10. #2188
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15,099
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I'd prefer a reverso myself. Or a hundred other dress watch models. But hey taste is personal right?
    I honestly don’t think there’s a Reverso as pretty as that.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  11. #2189
    Hall Monitor Samanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Another watch ruined by the date

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I don’t know. One of the few watches with the date at the three that does not mess up the index track and the number. This is one of the best Ball designs in a quite a while IMO.
    Cheers,

    Michael

    Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

  12. #2190
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I don’t know. One of the few watches with the date at the three that does not mess up the index track and the number. This is one of the best Ball designs in a quite a while IMO.
    Maybe if the date wheel matched the dial color

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

    Richard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us