Likes Likes:  788
Page 435 of 465 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 4650

Thread: SOCCER SPORT !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time before they started putting the matches most want to see on an extra pay channel. I usually am able to find a good stream here when they broadcast isn't available: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
    I was able to use that to watch the Stoke match. Thanks, Gabe!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I was able to use that to watch the Stoke match. Thanks, Gabe!
    Great! I had to use it for the Chelsea match also. They are putting more and more of the top 6 teams behind the paywall, and I have to think that will ultimately be a losing strategy. Most fans in the US follow the bigger clubs, so by putting a steady stream of Bournemouth v. Huddersfield type games on the main channel, it will only dampen the overall enthusiasm for the Premier League. Die hards like us will find a way to watch, while more casual fans will just turn to something else. NBC may see a bump in short term revenue, but over the long haul they are killing the value of their overall broadcast rights as the PL fan base will only shrink because of these tactics. If they were smart they would sell team packages that guarantee all of your favorite team's games for a reasonable sum ($10 or so). I would be willing to do that, but not pay $50+ for a lot of games that I will never have the time or inclination to watch. The live streams can be a hassle (ad blockers are a must) but it usually doesn't take long to find a good one.

Blog Entries
    Well, that's Brighton handily taken care of.

Blog Entries
    HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY!? Slides in, takes out Welbeck in the box, and nothing!? Henderson breathes on a Brighton player and that's given, but not that?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY!? Slides in, takes out Welbeck in the box, and nothing!? Henderson breathes on a Brighton player and that's given, but not that?
    Bizarre decisions today. Standard of referees seems to have gone down a lot lately

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    But how good is De Gea? Saves so many points for MU.
    He's basically superhuman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Bizarre decisions today. Standard of referees seems to have gone down a lot lately
    I feel like we talk about the state of refereeing every season. It's awful. Andre Marriner was poor in the Liverpool match he officiated as well. Michael Oliver is seemingly the only consistently good ref and even he still gets it wrong sometimes.

Blog Entries
    A long season indeed--a few short weeks ago I was sitting in last, and now I have a tentative hold on third! Wildcard, an improvement in Liverpool's performance, and some changes to captaincy and I've skyrocketed up the table.

Blog Entries
    This should be fun to discuss. ESPNFC has done the their 100; best players in each position:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...world-football

I admit to not having seen a huge amount of Neuer, but I think De Gea is better. And Sergio Ramos as the best center back? Sure, he's a great defender, but when you're always a red card risk, how can you be considered the best? And how did Lovren not make the top 10!? Oh right, he sucks.

Seems to be a dearth of talent at right back. Kyle Walker and Antonio Valencia at third and fourth respectively? Left back sees Marcelo ranked above Alaba, but Ricardo Rodriguez made the top ten. Looks like flirtation with turning fullbacks into center backs has hurt some players in the rankings, Alaba and Rodriguez included. Azpilacueta, who seems to play more than competently at any defensive position makes the left back list. He's right footed naturally, if I recall, and if you ask me, as a right back, he'd probably be right near the top of the list, but he only snags 5th as a left back.

Striker is likely to be the most contentious position. The top spot was one I didn't even think about because he plays in Germany--Lewandowski. He's got a great goal return (though his little tantrum about his team not setting him up for enough goals last season put him down a notch in my eyes), but being on Bayern and playing for a national team that doesn't really get to the big tournaments, it's hard to really judge him fairly. Aguero, a bench warmer now at City, was ranked above Harry Kane when Harry Kane is almost an entire top 6 team on his own. Also, Diego Costa didn't make the top 10 list when Benzema (a glorified poacher) and Cavani (a perennial disappointment) both did; surely his situation at Chelsea hurt him, but his talent is beyond question.