Likes Likes:  788
Page 436 of 465 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 4650

Thread: SOCCER SPORT !

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    A long season indeed--a few short weeks ago I was sitting in last, and now I have a tentative hold on third! Wildcard, an improvement in Liverpool's performance, and some changes to captaincy and I've skyrocketed up the table.
    You can slow down a little bit now. I keep having players get red cards or injured. But I stopped flirting with City players so hopefully I can get the top spot back.

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    You can slow down a little bit now. I keep having players get red cards or injured. But I stopped flirting with City players so hopefully I can get the top spot back.
    I'm still 70 points off #2, so I have a ways to go if I'm going to crack it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

but being on Bayern and playing for a national team that doesn't really get to the big tournaments, it's hard to really judge him fairly.

Bayern certainly get to the big tournaments and Poland were in the final stages of the last World Cup and the quarter-finals of Euro 2016. Lewandowski has been one of Europe's top strikers for most of his career.

I too would put David de Gea above Manuel Neuer. Not by much, but just.

It's good to see some recognition for Antonio Valencia. He goes about his work with such little fuss that he could be overlooked, and I think some still think of him as an ex-winger 'filling in'.

A long season indeed--a few short weeks ago I was sitting in last, and now I have a tentative hold on third! Wildcard, an improvement in Liverpool's performance, and some changes to captaincy and I've skyrocketed up the table.

Things can change so quickly...

Name:  2017-08-22 09.07.27.png
Views: 59
Size:  52.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

No need to bring up bad memories....

Blog Entries
    Bayern certainly get to the big tournaments and Poland were in the final stages of the last World Cup and the quarter-finals of Euro 2016. Lewandowski has been one of Europe's top strikers for most of his career.

I too would put David de Gea above Manuel Neuer. Not by much, but just.

It's good to see some recognition for Antonio Valencia. He goes about his work with such little fuss that he could be overlooked, and I think some still think of him as an ex-winger 'filling in'.
    I mean, I know he's a great striker because I've been told that he's a great striker. But I've never really watched him. What I meant is that I couldn't judge him.

Blog Entries

I mean, I was down in last a few weeks ago. Anything can happen.

Blog Entries
    Anyone else notice the 7-0 destruction of Spartak by Liverpool yesterday? What a sight!

Only negative was the injury to Moreno. But then again, the Amazing Milner replaced him and got three assists. And it might give Robertson more of a chance to play. No goal for Sturridge--he spurned a great chance, but created one for Mané, helped out Salah, and should have been awarded a penalty.

Yup - superb result. Spartak might not be top opposition but neither are they cannon-fodder.

Blog Entries
    And West Ham squeaks out a 1-0 win over Chelsea. Could be huge for both teams in the long run.