Likes Likes:  640
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 30 September 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Sorry, no Lange, Tudor, IWC or JLC here, but I really enjoy wearing my Oris moon phase - especially after that lovely supermoon eclipse on Sunday.

And that's a fine watch! A friend of mine has one and I already had the chance to try the watch on. I did like it.

2. Likes watchdaddy1, skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Mine look pretty much the same...I even stopped looking for new watches. Can you believe it?!!!
    I have a little something something arriving today..& that's y the look.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

4. Likes CFR, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I actually sold one.
    I've sold a few lately myself.

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

6. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I have a little something something arriving today..& that's y the look.

Oh yes, I remember you're saying something about that yesterday. But there were no clues whatsoever...

A bit curious, here but I'm sure it'll be something nice.
    Last edited by CFR; Sep 30, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

8. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    The black dial 16570, if my memory is serving me well. But I was under the impression that a Tudor Sub was the main goal. So, technically, it was only a relocation of funds.
    That *was* the plan. But upon further reflection, a Tudor Sub would compete head-on with my Tudor Ranger II, with which I am absolutely smitten. That was part of the problem with the Explorer II; it just couldn't compete with my Tudor Heritage Chrono, which I like better.
    And then a trip to Maui got thrown into the mix. Watch purchases are on hiatus for a bit until I can get my head together. Might take a while, that.

~S.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

10. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    That *was* the plan. But upon further reflection, a Tudor Sub would compete head-on with my Tudor Ranger II, with which I am absolutely smitten. That was part of the problem with the Explorer II; it just couldn't compete with my Tudor Heritage Chrono, which I like better.
    And then a trip to Maui got thrown into the mix. Watch purchases are on hiatus for a bit until I can get my head together. Might take a while, that.

~S.
    I see. It does make sense. Besides, the Tudor Subs are becoming unacceptably expensive (imo)

12. Likes popoki nui, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    I see. It does make sense. Besides, the Tudor Subs are becoming unacceptably expensive (imo)
    Yes, IMO too. Especially nice, unmolested, blue/blue ones. Another reason to take a step back and consider my options.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

14. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Yes, IMO too. Especially nice, unmolested, blue/blue ones. Another reason to take a step back and consider my options.
    In my case, the problem is to keep all my watches in good shape: that's expensive. And the costs are always rising.

I'm afraid we don't usually discuss that matter much, around here.

16. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    In my case, the problem is to keep all my watches in good shape: that's expensive. And the costs are always rising.

I'm afraid we don't usually discuss that matter much, around here.
    No 1 wants to discuss the dirty little secrets of our obsession haha

on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

18. Likes popoki nui, CFR, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    No 1 wants to discuss the dirty little secrets of our obsession haha

You may be rigth. We talk about MSRP, discounts, prices, but the maintenace procedures cost a lot of time, money and a few headaches. Well, at least most of us are well aware of that reality.

20. Likes watchdaddy1, happyscrappyheropup liked this post