Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, I live near here.

You've got to be kidding me, usually it's the black sheep that causes all the ruckus
    Last edited by Chase; Oct 4, 2015 at 01:22 AM.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

2. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Today's installment: A truck driver swerves to avoid a moose, crashes and 400 squirmy little piglets escape.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ewan-1.3259051

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Today's installment: A truck driver swerves to avoid a moose, crashes and 400 squirmy little piglets escape.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ewan-1.3259051
    Bacon with legs!

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Blog Entries
    ​Chupacabra!
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Today's installment: Herd of rogue bison on the loose. For anyone who has never met a bison they are as tall as a man and VERY ill tempered.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2401408/la...907c3dfb7af7c0

9. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Today's installment: Herd of rogue bison on the loose. For anyone who has never met a bison they are as tall as a man and VERY ill tempered.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2401408/la...907c3dfb7af7c0
    Missed my chance to hunt them on a ranch in Montana many years back. Glad I did not go. Guides required pinpoint accuracy and I was using a black powder cartridge rifle. My friend went and they make excellent meals!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Missed my chance to hunt them on a ranch in Montana many years back. Glad I did not go. Guides required pinpoint accuracy and I was using a black powder cartridge rifle. My friend went and they make excellent meals!

Dan
    Bison is delicious, Very lean so sear or cook forever, but really good. I have made corned /Montreal smoked bison and it was out of this world.

12. Likes Dan R, FuzzyB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Bison is delicious, Very lean so sear or cook forever, but really good. I have made corned /Montreal smoked bison and it was out of this world.
    Bison steaks can be very tough to cook; they cook fast and since bison is so lean, there's not as much natural flavor as you get in beef, so anything beyond medium rare, you might as well sully it with A1 steak sauce, because the meat's lost all flavor. I find the best way is to beat the hell out of them and liberally coat with kosher salt and cook it for a lot less time than you think you need to. And definitely sear it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

You should get my wife to sort them out; she's an expert at dealing with..
    ... as tall as a man and VERY ill tempered.
    ^^^ that. That's me every morning
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Bison steaks can be very tough to cook; they cook fast and since bison is so lean, there's not as much natural flavor as you get in beef, so anything beyond medium rare, you might as well sully it with A1 steak sauce, because the meat's lost all flavor. I find the best way is to beat the hell out of them and liberally coat with kosher salt and cook it for a lot less time than you think you need to. And definitely sear it.
    For sure. Managed to enjoy some a few years back. If you plan to grill, a liberal coating is required as most will get knocked off. I typically stray far from coarse sea salt and coarse ground pepper.

I've just had dinner (three types of pork made into a pate) and this thread is making me hungry again!

Dan