Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Gold. Always believe in your soul

Gold. Always believe in your soul

Because my soul told me I'd like this very unusual watch (for me, and I guess in general) and it was right! So far.

I've been told to post this here. I rarely venture out of central so here you go - bought a couple of weeks ago.

Name:  20230408_154144.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  55.6 KB

Great fun, functional, well finished, this thing makes me smile (though, I did say that about my bronze oris, which is up for sale). I hope it stays around, I think it will, though I suspect I'll reach for my rubber 5610 for sports.

The connected app has a cool find your phone feature when you press a button on the watch and it rings your phone, but you need a permanent Bluetooth connection, which is inconvenient.

Thats it! Any questions fire away.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Savagely Average
    Love it!!! What are your thoughts on the weight? I like it very much, but I have seen some say it wears heavy

3. Likes SyntaxTerror liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Love it!!! What are your thoughts on the weight? I like it very much, but I have seen some say it wears heavy
    To quote Boris the Blade:
    "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable."

5. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntaxTerror View Post
    To quote Boris the Blade:
    "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable."
    Yeah pretty much. Maybe not in the er case of cases, but in bracelets almost certainly. I hate bad bracelets! This is not one.

7. Likes SyntaxTerror, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Maybe not in the er case of cases, but in bracelets almost certainly. I hate bad bracelets! This is not one.
    And then there's me who hates everything lightweight. I like to feel I'm wearing a watch. Ages ago I bought ... something I can't remember ... with a titanium case and bracelet. I marvelled at the lightness of it. And then I wore it for a week and absolutely hated everything about it. Incidentally, that's how I got my first Diastar.

9. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    And then there's me who hates everything lightweight. I like to feel I'm wearing a watch. Ages ago I bought ... something I can't remember ... with a titanium case and bracelet. I marvelled at the lightness of it. And then I wore it for a week and absolutely hated everything about it. Incidentally, that's how I got my first Diastar.
    Yeah I tried on the pegalos 39 and it was so light. No fun.

11. Likes SyntaxTerror, Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I tried one of the Ti G-Squares, the TranTixxi :sp:, and I felt the same way. Sold it, bought SS, pleased!

13. Likes SyntaxTerror liked this post
    I don't mind my light g on resin strap, don't think I'd mind a ti g. The price, however...

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I don't mind my light g on resin strap, don't think I'd mind a ti g. The price, however...
    I accepted the price to try, but my disinterest was not based on that. It was just weight.

Oddly, I appreciate light on a strap. One of my favorite G's is my carbon fiber strap/Ti caseback model, very light. It did not work for me on a bracelet. I associate weight with bracelet quality, probably unfairly admittedly