Oi, we may be going through a similar process... there is a major, and I mean major construction project happening yards away from our daycare. The dust is everywhere. There was never any official communication from the school to state the project (though it's quite obvious) other than a quick apology about the inconvenience. I have asked the school if they can temporarily move the school and make the construction site pay for the rental on the temporary place. I have even located an ideal space that's available. it's a Unity church that the school already has a relationship with because that is where they rent for large events like graduation this past May. They have a great facility for children. In fact I called the church to see if they do daycare, and they don't. It's just for Sunday, which means it's available during the week. Perfect. But one person at the school made it sound like it wouldn't be feasible to move all the material.

They say they only let the kids outside when it's not too dusty, but every time I drop off and pick up, it's freakin' dusty. I also asked if they had any air quality monitoring. They don't. Merely thinking it's not that dusty is not quite good enough for me. I actually kept her home Thursday and Friday, but she's back this week since we had some rain. For now the dust in under control, but we are looking for an alternative solution. It's not easy. And I do like the school, it's literally 5 minutes from the house, so also very convenient. But I don't think I can abide a major construction project so close.

If we find something new, I'm going to insist on our deposit (for the fall) back, and also the payment I made for this month.

The red fence area is where the children play outside, yikes, though they said not that day, thankfully. The county is supposed to be sending inspectors and insisting on water trucks to wet down the dirt as to not cause dust...yet... and I feel like the school should be riding that hard, and not be up to us as parents to complain to the county.