Thread: Jetzt hat mein König eine Königin

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Exactly, the tragedy of the Iron Curtain
    Lmao, comrade

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Lmao, comrade
    I'm really worried that people will think it wasn't deliberate

3. Likes scottjc, whatmeworry, MarkO liked this post
    By the way, for everyone who was helpful in my max bill vs Stowa marine thread - I went in search of what I wrote after the March 1st G2g:

"I also liked Tribe's Max Bill. When a design is so All Dial (and so white), 38mm really is quite big. I was also very interested try to on his Stowa Marine. 40mm is within my happy range, but since this is a flat discreet watch making the most of its Soprod movement, it felt too broad for me."

5. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Lovely watch DA, it's one I would be proud to have. So when's the next gtg? Remember, we have to go North.....

7. Likes Der Amf, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Lovely watch DA, it's one I would be proud to have. So when's the next gtg? Remember, we have to go North.....
    I'm patiently awaiting a summons....

That's my favourite Max Bill dial.
    Never figured out which one would fit me best or which coloured dial.

The unsung detail that blows Nomos way out of the water is the beautiful side profile of these. It makes Nomos look lazy.

The case is very true to its roots, the shape, the lugs, very similar to other German / Soviet watches I have.

The strap is the usual bobbins you expect on a German watch.

Oh, here have some more photos, not that anyone hasn't got an extremely clear mental image of this watch

I'm patiently awaiting a summons....

Aren't we all..? Sadly I'm too far from Birmingham to take on organising duties. I think we're going to struggle to get together this side of Christmas.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

12. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    When it happens it'll happen

It's nice to have a watch at last that actually benefits from its lume:

14. Likes Steppy, scottjc, FuzzyB, mlcor liked this post
    I was a bit confused by the prices of Max Bills I had seen, so here's a comparison of various prices, all for the 027/3500.00 model:

£725 - The Watch Gallery
    £725 - John Lewis

£585 - MSRP on hangtag: 795 €
    £565 - Junghans USA site: $870
    £545 - Heyder-Exclusiv: 739 €

£465 - Relojes Exclusivos: 635 €

astonishing range.

I was trying to think of what further thoughts I might write about this watch, but this review by Tribe125 (posted on the same day as my first ever post on a watch forum ) - is a lot more interesting that whats currently bouncing around my head: Max Bill, WUS, 5 Sep 2013

A little later he also wrote this: "But I like the plain black strap and wouldn't think of changing it. If I ever needed a replacement, I'd probably get the same again from Junghans. It's unpadded, but that seems correct for the period and the watch. Straps should play a minor supporting role on such a watch, I think. It's perfectly well-made." With which I can't agree with, at least the never changing it bit. Its horrible. Were it not the strap supplied by the manufacturer I wouldn't consider wearing it for a moment. Thin, stiff and dull.
    Last edited by Der Amf; Oct 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM.

16. Likes scottjc liked this post