Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Experience at Tourneau Today…Here We Go Again

Quote Originally Posted by Upstate View Post

But my best experience was at Wempe across the way. Had a great time chatting with a sales lady there while I sat and tried on like every Tudor and Nomos they had. She was super attentive and seemed genuinely interested in the watches. I swear I almost bought a Black Bay cause she was so nice. No joke!
    Was the ladyat Wempe called Marisa?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    Was it the Columbus Circle locale?
    If this question's directed at me, I'm referring to 12 E 57th St, New York, NY 10022. I remember stopping by a smaller watch store in Columbus Circle a few years ago. It may have been a Tourneau, though I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    People also seem to wear watches that are too small for the bund strap, making even a larger watch look small in comparison.
    Interestingly I had the opposite impression when I put a relatively small (36mm) modded Seiko on a bund. I was going for the field watch look and felt I had achieved that. Putting it on the bund gave me the illusion that the case was larger than it in reality was.

Having said all that I have no further interest in putting anything else on a bund unless I am paid (handsomely) to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I could never understand bund straps. People also seem to wear watches that are too small for the bund strap, making even a larger watch look small in comparison.

On someone with large wrists, this may be passable, but on most people with smaller or average wrists, it just looks comical.
    i hear what you say - they are not for everyday certainly but having said that mine was made by Gunny for this watch and is extremely soft and moulds to the wrist - and is a great change from time to time Name:  _GJP0152.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  56.9 KB i'm not sure that Hayseed was commenting on that particular B@R bund in particular or bund in general

5. Likes Nokie liked this post
    ^^^^^^^^

Very sweet.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    Was it the Columbus Circle locale?
    This was the Tourneau in the Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island. The NYC ones are admittedly usually better.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i hear what you say - they are not for everyday certainly but having said that mine was made by Gunny for this watch and is extremely soft and moulds to the wrist - and is a great change from time to time...i'm not sure that Hayseed was commenting on that particular B@R bund in particular or bund in general
    I was commenting on that particular bund. Yours looks nice, and the reason it can conform nicely to your wrist is because the bund piece is separate from the actual strap. If you look at the picture of the Tudor I posted, it's all one piece and the sides can't bend down. And while the deployant clasp on it is nice and well-made, it just doesn't fit the strap/watch, in my opinion. Like I said, really nice watch, but a disaster of a strap. I know they are available on a regular leather strap as well, and all of the watches come with Tudor's own type of camouflage NATO strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    This was the Tourneau in the Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island. The NYC ones are admittedly usually better.

I was commenting on that particular bund. Yours looks nice, and the reason it can conform nicely to your wrist is because the bund piece is separate from the actual strap. If you look at the picture of the Tudor I posted, it's all one piece and the sides can't bend down. And while the deployant clasp on it is nice and well-made, it just doesn't fit the strap/watch, in my opinion. Like I said, really nice watch, but a disaster of a strap. I know they are available on a regular leather strap as well, and all of the watches come with Tudor's own type of camouflage NATO strap.
    thankyou Hayseed -i take your point and absolutely agree that would be a design fault comfort wise -i thought that was what you meant !

I've had pretty good experiences at the Tourneaus in San Diego and Orange County, while not every sales person was exceptionally knowledgeable, the preowned sales managers were fun to talk to and seemed to know their product.

Patek Philippe
    Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Baume & Mercier Hampton Annual Calendar; Tudor Black Bay.

Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field H70555863; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull 818.900 Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN017P1; Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51.

My Tourneau experiences have been universally positive. Sales teams at Natick (now gone), Burlington and Copley stores are knowledgeable and helpful. I have lots of examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme