Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the affordable watches fascinated you?

It's all I can afford but love them nonetheless

A few...

I started in affordables because I don't have a fortune, am cheap, and enjoy the variety. I was able to splurge a bit lately, and bought 2 Omega Speedmasters. Now that I have them I wish I had bought higher end seiko's instead. Waste of money.

3. Likes OhDark30, BlackNomad liked this post
    So you'd rather have high-end Seiko's than the Speedy's? What would you have chosen?
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    So you'd rather have high-end Seiko's than the Speedy's? What would you have chosen?
    double tap.
    Last edited by oak1971; Oct 27, 2015 at 04:15 AM.

Take it easy. They have your straps on them. To be honest, I expected to be blown away with the quality, but it didn't happen. Nobody knows or cares if I'm wearing them or not and I spend most days with a Seiko or Orient on anyway. I would have chosen something with a more interesting design. Lots of current and vintage Seiko's and Orient's meet that criteria. Here is one of the Speedy's.

Name:  P1010024.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  52.2 KB

7. Likes OhDark30 liked this post

Why the affordable watches fascinated you?

I'm with you, oak.
    Russian vintage watches are my passion - the style, the variety the history. And yes, the affordability
    Then got a Speedy Reduced, and it just wasn't me
    The Russian equivalent (Strela, R) has what I want in spades. So the Speedy went.
    Go back to your roots - so many sexy Seikos to enjoy!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445925903.270250.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  92.8 KB

http://www.wristwatchreview.com/2011...-moon-watches/
    Last edited by OhDark30; Oct 27, 2015 at 06:19 AM.
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

That Strela has lot going for it. Very nice!

10. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Take it easy. They have your straps on them. To be honest, I expected to be blown away with the quality, but it didn't happen. Nobody knows or cares if I'm wearing them or not and I spend most days with a Seiko or Orient on anyway. I would have chosen something with a more interesting design. Lots of current and vintage Seiko's and Orient's meet that criteria. Here is one of the Speedy's.
    I'm sorry if my question came across wrong. I wasn't being testy but was quite curious what you'd choose over the speedy. I've lusted after a speedy for a long while like many others probably have. So it's always interesting to hear someone's perspective that has actually owned one and decided it wasn't for them.
    Kody

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I'm sorry if my question came across wrong. I wasn't being testy but was quite curious what you'd choose over the speedy. I've lusted after a speedy for a long while like many others probably have. So it's always interesting to hear someone's perspective that has actually owned one and decided it wasn't for them.
    The second one is a triple date. The dial looks blue sometimes or maybe black other times. That is about as interesting as it gets.