Likes Likes:  9

Thread: New H2O Marlin model announced

New H2O Marlin model announced

There was talk of it previously but yesterday Clemens of H20/Helberg announced the new Marlin model which will come in 44mm and a far more respectable 40mm size.

Nothing concrete yet, it will house either a 9015 or ETA2892 with a display caseback which a range of dial and bezel colours and styles.

Of course . we'll have to wait its touted as a mid 2016 release

Name:  h2o_marlin_44_001_1000.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  48.6 KBName:  h2o_marlin_44_002_1000.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  46.0 KBName:  h2o_marlin_44_007_1000.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  46.9 KBName:  h2o_marlin_44_011_1000.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  61.3 KBName:  h2o_marlin_44_013_1000.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  77.9 KB

I'm not fully sold on the 4 o clock crown with crown guards but on the other side, I like the fact that its an original design.

And the bracelet for me looks superb, I've always been a fan of the Kalmar bracelet but the 44mm size has always put me off. Im going to be watching this one as it develops.

It has that heavy-duty H2O look about it.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Hi folks.

I wanted to let you all know that with Clemens being very busy completing current orders and managing day to day business, I have been given the honour to provide real world photos of the Marlin in both the 40mm and 44mm configurations. I know many of you wanted to see photos before "pulling the trigger" so to speak.

I have just received the prototype watches just now and will do my photoshoot over the the next 2 days to get every angle and wrist shots to showcase the watches to help you all make the decision to join this pre order before it closes.

To those considering the 40mm Marlin it IMO is absolutely the perfect watch to fit smaller wrists and even to those who prefer smaller Dive watches. The bracelet has been proportionally reduced to perfection in relation to the case and the choice to go 22mm was the right call. Clemens truly is a genius.

Sub 7 inch wrists should rejoice and should get their PayPal locked and loaded.

Prepare to be astounded everyone ! I will work as fast as I can to get the eye candy posted as soon as possible.

I will be at a local watch GTG tonight and will bring these with me so for those in Toronto who know about the meet come by and be the first to see these wonderful watches in the metal and try them on

Cheers
    Danny

4. Likes OTGabe, deCompression liked this post
    Here are the prelim photos you have all been waiting for !! Thank you for your patience. I will post more higher quality and higher res images later tonight and also with wrist shots of the 40mm on my wifes wrist.

44mm MARLIN - is the one with the Black MOP dial
    40mm MARLIN - is the one with the white MOP dial

These photos are to show the size comparison to one another. My wrist has shrunk from 7.25 inches and is closer to 7 inches now since I’ve lost a bit of weight

Please take note that these are prototypes and there will be a couple improvements in the retail version:

-The printing on the sapphire case back will be a different colour to increase legibility
    -The HEV valve on the 40mm will sit flush like the 44mm. On the prototype in the photos it is not perfectly flush.
    -The sapphire inlays are not fixed/glued in and I have just laid them inside the bezel and took photos to show the different inlay looks. So if you notice slight misalignment of the bezel markings to the dial don’t worry, the inlays are just laid in and the inlay may have shifted with the movement of my wrist during shooting.
    -I only received the turbine bezels (solid turbine and turbine with inlay groove for the 44mm and the turbine bezel with inlay groove only for the 40mm)
    -The rubber strap is not ready yet so photos today only show with bracelet with fitted end link. I do have a few 20mm straps that I can try on the watch without the end link for those who wish to see that.
    -The date window on the white MOP dial has a slight imperfection and is not 100% round, but this is a sample dial only used on this prototype so we could have a watch assembled and photographed. All retail dials will be perfect.

I have to say that I really really REALLY like the 40mm Marlin. Small wrists rejoice as this is definitely an H20 you can truly wear comfortably. As you will see in the photos the lugs are very rounded and will hug the wrist and sit very comfortably. But those with average wrists will also love this size as well if you’re not into the larger dive watches. The bracelet is the same design as used in the Orca and Kalmar series. For the 40mm Marlin it has been proportionally reduced and fits very well with the 40mm case. I love that it is thinner thus reducing the overall weight of the watch. You get PLENTY of extra links, so smaller wristed folks will be able to reduce even more weight once the bracelet is sized down. The specs indicate 15mm height however keep in mind that includes the 2mm radius domed crystal. Thickness at the bezel is closer to 13mm range. As you can see on my wrist, even with the 51mm lug to lug (which is the very furthest tip of the lugs) I do not have any overhang and fits extremely well. From spring bar to spring bar I measured 46.6mm. I am SUPER STOKED I pre-ordered the 40mm with gloss blue dial and blue/black bezel.

The 44mm Marlin carries more of the traditional dimensions it is known for. On the bracelet you definitely know it’s on your wrist. With the rounded lug ends it stays very put on your wrist and does not flop around at all and stays centred (same goes for the 40mm, the rounded lugs makes for a VERY VERY comfy fit)

Crown operation is surprisingly easy. Traditionally on many other watches with the crown at 4, it is always reported as being a bit cumbersome especially those with larger hands. The Marlin crown operation is MUCH easier than the CH8 and the Squale Atmos series watches (50 and 60 Atmos). So this will be good news for those who struggle with 4 o’clock crowns.

Anyways enough typing as I think most technical specs have been covered throughout the thread. If anyone has any questions or wants specific photo angles etc., just let me know and I’ll snap them in the evening when I get home from work. Anything to help you click “add to cart” and “check out now” I’ll be happy to help with LOL

Overall, if you were to ask me which of the 2 sizes I would recommend. I say 40mm all day everyday, especially those who want to try the brand and are were afraid of the size. Those familiar with H20, who have larger wrists and who like the larger and heftier watches I say go hard and get the 44mm.

Cheers
    Danny

6. Likes deCompression, Steppy liked this post
    Hey Danny,

thank you for informations regarding the Marlin model from Clemens here in the dive watch section.

And the lot of pics of course.
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

8. Likes Danny_T liked this post
    Got the good camera out and took some detailed high res shots. These shots really showcase the smaller wearing 40mm Marlin.

10. Likes wschofield3, Seriously, zaskar36, Steppy liked this post