Likes Likes:  128
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sharky's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Sorry to hear ismy. Hope things get better , or at least more bearable.
    bit of a nightmare at the minute has been for a month it started with having to wait eighteen hours in a&e next to a drunk foul mouth guy in one side cubicle and an old women screaming all night in the other side, then being moved to majors2 right under a speaker blast out request for wheelchairs etc etc porters for another twenty or so hours so me my sister and my eighty two year old mom sitting in chairs next to dad none stop for that time period .. then about ten o'clock at night the day after he came in .. they got him in a temp ward ..

so we spent three days going in their seven hours a day , then he got moved as he had caught a chest infection so another week in that ward where he got moved again because he had caught c.diff which made him bed ridden .to another side ward for a week ,with us spending all day their each time.

then I get a call saying he's coming home in four hours ..and had to manhandle their double bed down stairs on my own and strip the front room to turn it into a bed room . and rush around to get supplies . they would not let me go get him but was ferry home . and dump on my sofa still almost bed ridden .. then got messed about with meds and antibiotics had to spend about an hour chasing it up then took them three hours to final send meds .took them a week to send discharge paper posted (second post would you believe)

so having to sleep on the sofa next room to be available to help him go the rest room and all that .. while trying to arrange district nurse. equipment, physio ..food .. so yeah now he's got a bad legs from a new tablet and needs more antibiotics.

and now chasing doc for other meds final got a doc to home visit tomorrow or Thursday .. so yeah not great at all ... pretty shitty to be honest ...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Savagely Average
    Praying for rapid improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Praying for rapid improvement
    would be nice but reckon ..it won't be a quick recover from how it going so far. seems like we get a step forwards then something happens to knock us back three . so yeah just got to keep on ant it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    would be nice but reckon ..it won't be a quick recover from how it going so far. seems like we get a step forwards then something happens to knock us back three . so yeah just got to keep on ant it
    Hang in there, we are here if we can help in any way

yeah theirs some good in it we got to pay for a stair lift , but I have been working with the local health authority. so put in place a district nurse, and a physio, and have sorted out some equipment through them too. so have had a little head way, his legs are starting to look better the one's ok now the other one is still infected but seem a little better , but mobility is still very low and sleep a problem but arrange a alterative sleep tabs one night on one night off it. but still a looonnnggg way to go . but least starting to get a plan of action .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Savagely Average
    yeah theirs some good in it we got to pay for a stair lift , but I have been working with the local health authority. so put in place a district nurse, and a physio, and have sorted out some equipment through them too. so have had a little head way, his legs are starting to look better the one's ok now the other one is still infected but seem a little better , but mobility is still very low and sleep a problem but arrange a alterative sleep tabs one night on one night off it. but still a looonnnggg way to go . but least starting to get a plan of action .
    Glad to hear there is progress. I know seeing some start to lighten the load on the mind

Glad to hear there is progress. I know seeing some start to lighten the load on the mind
    yeah it is just when the physio/nurse they give day but not time so you can be waiting around a lot ..

but the special aid furniture is good mange to get like a hospital bed table as had to lose our table to set up the bed room in the dining room so now he can sit and eat better , plus some of the toilet aids are great too plus the bed raiser and support arm has helped a lot . that has made life bit easier plus the commode that can be adjustable raised via clips on the legs .make it easier at night too ..

the sleep tabs a bit hit and miss though worked well the first night but the next time used was not as good result ..
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    how come stair lifts are so expensive got a little curve at the top of the stairs and that doubles the price could have a nice used panerai for the price it costing to have one fitted

or an omega chrono .... oh well needs must ..guess I will just have to build a pan-a-like instead
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Savagely Average
    how come stair lifts are so expensive got a little curve at the top of the stairs and that doubles the price could have a nice used panerai for the price it costing to have one fitted

or an omega chrono .... oh well needs must ..guess I will just have to build a pan-a-like instead
    I had no clue the cost, glad you can make it happen

Panerai or Omega, which way would you go as a buyer? I have never tried either

I had no clue the cost, glad you can make it happen

Panerai or Omega, which way would you go as a buyer? I have never tried either
    well had the funds as was going to sort the bathroom out to make it more age friendly (walk in shower etc etc ... so using that

well like a pan radiomir but honest when I tried self build the lugs are annoying as they are separate each one screw in I believe well the case i had did .

so suppose a reduce omega chronograph would be my choice maybe or an old omega pie pan maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post