Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Interesting module 3750 discovery!

Interesting module 3750 discovery!

I was doing a service on my G-300LV (new batteries, gasket lube, case +strap clean). First service since I purchased the watch ~5 years ago. I discovered today this module has a moon phase display (age of the moon), and a tide graph! I never saw them before the battery change.

I did not know this! I discovered these while setting the watch after the AC reset. I can't even find anything about moon or tide functions in the manual. Not only that, but you can scroll through the moon and tide functions to find the day of the full moon (or new moon, first quarter etc), and the time of the next high or low tide.

So what gives? Did you G-Shock experts know this? Why is there nothing in the manual?
    Tide graph:
    Name:  G300 tide.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  65.5 KB
    Moon:
    Name:  G300 moon.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  56.7 KB

Weird....

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

2. Likes is that my watch, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Nice, looks like you accidentally unlocked a hidden feature by doing a battery change. It has been reported before with the G-9000 Mudman which also had a hidden moon/tide function that was only later used in the G-7900. The test screens showed that G-9000 and G-7900 did in fact use the same base module. I can post a pic later.
    Cheers, Sedi

4. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    This pic shows that many models do share the same module:
    3031 is the module of the G-9000 and was also used in the G-7900 with added moon/tide function.
    Cheers, Sedi

6. Likes is that my watch, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Nice, looks like you accidentally unlocked a hidden feature by doing a battery change. It has been reported before with the G-9000 Mudman which also had a hidden moon/tide function that was only later used in the G-7900. The test screens showed that G-9000 and G-7900 did in fact use the same base module. I can post a pic later.
    Cool! After decades of owning G-Shocks, I never knew there were hidden functions! Live and learn, eh? Thanks for the info, Sedi.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

8. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Well, poop. I discovered that, in exchange for gaining the moon and tide functions, I've lost the world time feature. I hope I don't have to open it up again and do another reset.....

EDIT- yep, I had to open it up again and do another AC reset. But I now have world time back, which is more important to me than tide graph and moon age. I guess I can't have it both ways!

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Nov 1, 2015 at 03:22 AM.

10. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post
    that's interesting found. but i guess the "hidden" can only be "unlocked" by chance? there is no way to choose which way to go?

There might be - if anybody knew what to do. At least the Casio engineers should know how to lock/unlock those different features.
    Cheers, Sedi