Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FISHING !

FISHING !

whilst i did commence a 'sport' thread - i neglected to make a separate thread entirely devoted to the most important and most participated sport of fishing - i know their are many fishermen on here [certainly was 'there' ]- my own love specifically is fly fishing but of course to include all other types of this wonderful pursuit - this image shows a 23lb carp i took on the rod you see which was just a 6weight with a 4lb breaking strain leader -so you can maybe imagine the ensuing fight to land it -took an hour to get it in Name:  carp1.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  90.4 KB would love to hear your stories and experiences and see your photos -catching a fish is a small part of a fisherman's day there is always much more to the day than that as satisfying as it may be - i know many of you live in fantastic fishing country and a thread like this can challenge National Geographic for images -

2. Likes Bwana, GlennO, Rob liked this post
    Funny, I was just talking to my dad about fly fishing this weekend while visiting them in NY state. I used to fly fish a lot in college, it was right on a tributary creek to Lake Erie. I've been a few times since moving to GA, but I really would like to get back into it a little more heavily. When my dad retires and my parents can come down for extended stays, I think we'll have to go. I just have so much going on right now, that I don't even remember that I like fly fishing...

Growing up, there was always a trout stream within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Funny, I was just talking to my dad about fly fishing this weekend while visiting them in NY state. I used to fly fish a lot in college, it was right on a tributary creek to Lake Erie. I've been a few times since moving to GA, but I really would like to get back into it a little more heavily. When my dad retires and my parents can come down for extended stays, I think we'll have to go. I just have so much going on right now, that I don't even remember that I like fly fishing...

Growing up, there was always a trout stream within walking distance.
    do it buddy sooner rather than later - moderating needs an outlet i'm sure

You didn't EAT that carp, did you???

On crown land about 6km and 2 lakes north of my property is Cross lake. It literally looks like a big X. On on of the corners of that x (NE corner) I am (so far) 100% for hooking a pike while paddling by it. I think 6 times in a row now since starting to explore in that direction this summer. I have already dubbed it pike point. I love pike fishing, and plan on abusing my success there regularly, and I am seriously considering an ice fishing venture there in mid/late January. I only worry how accessible it might be: I might have to snowshoe the 6+ km through the bush and over the other lakes, completely breaking trail. I get snow up there over 8' deep, because of windchannels and the fact it is completely untouched, so I simply just might not be able to get there in the winter.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i took on the rod you see
    Hope to contribute to the thread when I have more time, but wanted to ask is that one of their Sintrix rods? I have read some about them but never seen one in person.

9. Likes shameless liked this post
    Peter,
    Great picture & congrats, truly a feat catching them on light gear...did you catch it on a fly or bait ?

We're big flyfishermen here, mainly wild trout in streams/brooks...but will go after the stocked variety in the larger creeks & small rivers.

My son and I went out twice this year, wished we had more time...but life took over. My son with the kids, they always manage to get in the action...even when they didn't go fishing
    Name:  20140418_191010_resized.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  88.5 KBName:  20140419_155103.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  82.0 KBName:  100MEDIA36IMAG0539.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  71.9 KB

11. Likes CanadianStraps, GlennO, shameless, Nokie liked this post
    Nice face dude (my grandson Luke)

Name:  luke.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  45.6 KB

13. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    This thread needs Cobia!

15. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post

Name:  20140418_191010_resized.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  88.5 KB
    I've never seen a trout like that. Is that an albino?