Likes Likes:  136
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman, Hulk, Kermit…but what would they really wear? (And other characters)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Good god, man! Muppet Babies?! You are the first person I've met who is willing to admit (and in public, no less) they like the Muppet Babies. You can still sit by the fire pit but I'm going to duct tape your mouth shut and drink in front of you. We could, maybe, talk about Fraggle Rock.

Dude, you’ve got it all wrong. Muppet Babies was the hot shit back in the day. It was the Game of Thrones of its time!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Savagely Average
    LOLOLLLOLOLOLLLOOOLOLOLOLL

3. Likes Raza, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Dude, you’ve got it all wrong. Muppet Babies was the hot shit back in the day. It was the Game of Thrones of its time!
    Did you really type this with a straight face? I don't think in a million alternative universes Muppet Babies would ever be cool. I would see them as the anti-GOT. Bring in the dragon...Dracarys!

Or better yet let the two curmudgeons chide you from the balcony.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 29, 2024 at 10:19 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes hayday liked this post
    For Fred Flintstone maybe this:

Cheers,

Michael

7. Likes Raza, Mediocre, skywatch liked this post
    Do you know in dubai they don't show the flinstones on TV?!

But Abu Dhabi do.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Did you really type this with a straight face? I don't think in a million alternative universes Muppet Babies would ever be cool. I would see them as the anti-GOT. Bring in the dragon...Dracarys!

Or better yet let the two curmudgeons chide you from the balcony.
    I don’t type most things with a straight face, Michael.

But yeah, if you were a million years old when Muppet Babies came on, like most of this forum was, I can see how it wasn’t to your taste. But if it was on air while you were an actual baby, like I was when it came out, it was the dopeness.

I know in the 80s, most of you were smoking cigars and dressing like Sonny Crockett, but in 1984 when the show debuted, I wasn’t even born yet. So I get it, I forgive you. It’s not your fault you weren’t the target audience, just like how I’ll never understand disco or The Big Bopper or what it was like to see the Wright Brothers take flight for the first time or the shock of the Hindenburg disaster or what it was like on that fateful night one of you invented fire.

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I don’t type most things with a straight face, Michael.

But yeah, if you were a million years old when Muppet Babies came on, like most of this forum was, I can see how it wasn’t to your taste. But if it was on air while you were an actual baby, like I was when it came out, it was the dopeness.

I know in the 80s, most of you were smoking cigars and dressing like Sonny Crockett, but in 1984 when the show debuted, I wasn’t even born yet. So I get it, I forgive you. It’s not your fault you weren’t the target audience, just like how I’ll never understand disco or The Big Bopper or what it was like to see the Wright Brothers take flight for the first time or the shock of the Hindenburg disaster or what it was like on that fateful night one of you invented fire.
    Just using the word dopeness dates you. I believe I mentioned one time requesting a work account for a new employee and their birthday was one year after i started my job at my current company. So their entire life I have been at the company I work for. It was a weird realization for me. I think you said you were in your thirties. So was I when I started there. BTW I never understood Disco either. Thought it sucked. Was more Pink Floyd and Bob Seger fan in rebellion against Disco. Hop Hop/Rap was a thing while I was in college with Kurtis Blow being the king in that day
    Cheers,

Michael

12. Likes hayday liked this post
    Just using the word dopeness dates you. I believe I mentioned one time requesting a work account for a new employee and their birthday was one year after i started my job at my current company. So their entire life I have been at the company I work for. It was a weird realization for me. I think you said you were in your thirties. So was I when I started there. BTW I never understood Disco either. Thought it sucked. Was more Pink Floyd and Bob Seger fan in rebellion against Disco. Hop Hop/Rap was a thing while I was in college with Kurtis Blow being the king in that day
    I'm still in my thirties yay! Though I had dinner with a contact who might introduce me to good director level connections and he was like you're 40 no? I was like er no not yet....
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Yup, I’m in my 30s. I think I’m one year younger than Geoff.

I do love Pink Floyd. They’re no Run the Jewels, though.

Savagely Average
    Sounds as though the three of us are very close in age

I, too, am trying to get into a director level position right now lol

16. Likes Raza liked this post