Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what camera are you clicking away with?

So what camera are you clicking away with?

Some of you take some great shots so it time to own up to what equipment you are using.

I have a Nikon D5100 with a 18-140mm lens, a 55-300mm lens and 18-55
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

So what camera are you clicking away with?

Canon 60D with a EFS 60mm f2.8 Macro lens or my iPhone 6Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416974487.177389.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  29.7 KB
    Last edited by Andrema; Nov 26, 2014 at 03:52 AM.

I have a Nikon D90, but to be honest, most of my pictures are taken on my iPhone.

The D90 is great, but I find that more often than not, I just have my phone on me for taking pictures. Whether I am out with my family, or if I'm out climbing, sailing, or flying, a big camera is just too inconvenient.

I just save the D90 for "staged" pictures, usually for pictures of the family or for special occasions at home. I find that with the D90, I need to spend time taking a few, porting it over, sifting through 'em all, and figuring out the best ones.

With my iPhone? I can take a few dozen, delete the crappy ones, and just upload the rest pretty seamlessly. Convenience and all that. Plus, the pictures are of surprisingly good quality, and it is just so usable.

Nothing fancy. Olympus E-PL5 with Zuiko lenses: 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 60mm (Macro).
    Last edited by CFR; Nov 26, 2014 at 03:25 AM.

5. Likes bolaberlim, JAGtime, rfortson liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Nothing fancy. Olympus E-PL5 with Zuiko lenses: 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 60mm (Macro).
    Same here, but without the extra lenses, just a 14-42mm that it came with. Gotta get a macro one day. Been very happy with this camera. If I can snag a Fujifilm X100, that'll do nicely too.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

7. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    For my awful watch shots, I bang away with either a Fuji XP point-and-shoot, or my Nokia smartphone. I do have a Canon T3i, and XTi, which -apart from the occasional special event- spend virtually 100% of their time connected to a telescope. I seem to be able to take pretty good images of an object a million lightyears distant, but am completely inept with one that's two feet away.

o.O

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

9. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Same here, but without the extra lenses, just a 14-42mm that it came with. Gotta get a macro one day. Been very happy with this camera. If I can snag a Fujifilm X100, that'll do nicely too.
    Now, I know why I like your pics!

I do like the 14-42mm, but the 60mm (f 2.5) Macro is a huge improvement over the other Zuiko zooms. The 40-150mm is only average, though
    Last edited by CFR; Nov 26, 2014 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I seem to be able to take pretty good images of an object a million lightyears distant, but am completely inept with one that's two feet away.

o.O

~Sherry.
    I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree. I'm afraid you're being too modest, Sherry

12. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime, birdynamnam liked this post
    I still like using the SLR over the iPhone-Dont take a lot of watch photos, love taking people and landscapes.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I mostly use an Olympus TG-3 point n shoot, but occasionally pull out my E-620. When I use that for watches I use the entry level 14-42mm.