Likes Likes:  8

Thread: The Mighty Raysman

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Mighty Raysman

The Raysman was the first tough solar G-Shock. It was also one of the early "Master of G" series. Along with the Mudman and the Gaussman, the Raysman featured a thick rubber outer layer that surrounds the buttons and case completely, ensuring they offer mud-resistance.

Ten models were made that I am aware of. Here are pictures of all ten -- all from my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes germy, shameless, deCompression, Rocat, tiha liked this post

Got out another yellow in better condition

Last edited by Yankeexpress; Nov 26, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

4. Likes Rocat, tiha liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post

Got out another yellow in better condition

The yellows seem to be the most readily available of the Raysman models.I am not sure why.

I also have two. The less pristine of the two has been my "go to" beach watch for many years.

Recently got a second, better condition MSR as well. Have not photographed it yet.

Blog Entries
    We are getting into the potential "resin rot" years. That makes me both paranoid about my existing collection (therefore I think about acquiring "backups") and wary of spending money on "backups".

8. Likes Rocat liked this post
    CASIO needs to bring this model to life so much!!!!!!! Please!

The Raysman is a beast of a watch. Loved mine, but it was way too big for my wrist. I sold it on years ago to a nice chap in America, Greg I think his name was.

With the original tags on it.

The yellow Raysman is what got me back into g-shocks! My first mistake was searching eBay and wow did I fall for the Raysman. At one point I had all 10 and four yellows. Yup 4!! I'll dig up some pics when I get home. After a nice guy posted about his MIB that had resin rot and he never really wore it, I sold them all...

I still miss them but couldn't deal with potential rot

Neil

bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by solar g-shocker View Post

I still miss them but couldn't deal with potential rot
    I know what you mean. The Raysman got me hooked on big Gs.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  62.3 KB