Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dive wet or dry?

Do you dive wet or dry?

Hi dear fellow watchlovers,

Dive watches have been loved by many of us for many different reasons. I myself have loved divewatches as long as I can remember, but I only started diving in 1999.

Since we have kids (4.......) diving became more and more desk diving unfortunately. We do some occassional snorkeling when we're on holiday but that's it. Our two youngest sons have had their first dive experience last summer during our holiday in Chioggia, Italy. They really loved it.

So? What are you, a deskdiver or an actual diver (recreation or commercial)?

Eric
    "Don't count the days but make the days count"

2. Likes Bwana, deCompression, Rob, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Hardcore deskdiver here, but do enjoy snorkeling....would love to try diving out sometime, I certainly have the watch gear for it

Looks like a lot of fun, the kids seem to be enjoying it.

4. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    I like to dive for fun occasionally.

Took a certified scuba class a few years ago so I was educated and trained properly, and it certainly is a fun hobby when my schedule permits.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

6. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    Certified but not been for a while, go snorkelling regularly with the kids or even just swimming from the beach with a mask on.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

8. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    Nit too much diving at the moment with two young ones, but I'm a PADI rescue diver with all of the more interesting specialities under my belt.
    Two easy courses off automatic master rating but not got around to it yet. Sadly I have just moved from the lovely clean exciting channel with all the diving you could want just down the road to the edge of the bloody Thames estuary with mud, silt, mud, random conditions and mud. It's not even fun in a sea kayak as there are not any proper waves to surf and there always a mile of mud when the tide goes out. however, there are some Cool bits of WWII on the surface...

I can't stand oysters and as for birdwatching, No.

10. Likes epezikpajoow, man of kent liked this post
    I dive dry, meaning dry suit most of the time unless in tropical conditions, diver since 1971
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  42.9 KB
Views: 231
Size:  113.0 KB
Views: 248
Size:  75.1 KB

I'm a certified diver, but it has been way too long since I last dove (like 15 years)

13. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    Hehe.. opened this expecting a discussion of dry suit vs. wet suit diving. Being from the Great Lakes region, (the water is COLD), I eventually did obtain a dry suit (certified master diver, diving since 1984). These days, being older, I prefer to be a warm water diver and only do so when I can get to a nice warm ocean spot.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Last time for me and my wife was the Red Sea, Egypt. Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Don't count the days but make the days count"

Ex wet diver and this is what I wore.
    I draw your attention to the WR 100m, non-screw down crown, non-rotatable bezel (but marked to 60 for what purpose I don't know), 4 chrono buttons ...not one leak hehe.

Name:  IMG_2330.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  77.2 KB

Now I'm strictly a desk diver and this is what I wear

Name:  IMG_2163 resize.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  74.7 KBName:  IMG_1837.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  63.2 KBName:  IMG_2207.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  68.0 KB

17. Likes epezikpajoow, Der Amf liked this post