Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** watchgasm which was your first ****

**** watchgasm which was your first ****

Got to agree
    The Seiko SKX was my first watch that I was truly excited with.

It's just such a versatile watch and lends itself to all kinds of mods.
    It's a solid lump of metal and very well made.
    It certainly set a bar for me for what I could get for my money. mine was £45 from eBay....although prices seem to be strong, with some needing some love going for about £60.
    As shown above they can be had new as well.
    To be honest, I bought mine as a stop gap before I could get my hands on an OM, but that though soon changed as soon as I had the SKX on my wrist.
    It's a lovely watch and as rugged as a mountain goat.
    This is one I won't part with

So what are you getting for your money?

A solid stainless case, polished up to a nice shine (no plating going on here!)
    A 4 0'clock crown with very nice and discreet crown guard shoulders. It's a screw in crown with a nice solid action and positive stops
    There's a nicely knurled 120 click bezel with a nice solid tight feel to it
    No annoying loose stuff going on here!

Admittedly mine had an orange face when I bought it which was dull and faded.
    A chance look on eBay found a chap selling a brand new face and chapter ring from an SKX007 (mine is originally an skx011)
    So now I have basically an SKX007 with a black second hand

So lume...,

Speaks for itself!

Screw in back which is nicely decorated,
    And on the back you'll find the serial number...my first watch where I could actually trace its lineage...I like that.

The heart of the beast is the seiko 7S26
    Movement (borrowed pic)
    Which is a workhorse movement rugged and reliable.

So there you go, my first real watch crush which I managed to turn into a mini review...

Now you lot all probably own your own SKX and know the above already!

2. Likes is that my watch, Smeagal liked this post
    For me, they are my screwback square g-shocks, seiko black monster and VSA Airboss... those 3 really knock me out to addiction..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    nice three
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Well,they may not be an affordable per se,but these are two watches that got me into this crazy hobby

This was actually my 2nd Pam,but it made me fell in love with its simplicity and simple bezel

This is the watch that dragged me into this whole madness,after I bought this,I actually spend the next 7 month buying 6 or 7 Panerais

As for affordables,it's the Gshock that became my gateway drug

Not affordable, but the first watch I fell in love with was the TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre S Regatta Timer. There was a write up in Esquire magazine and I used to look at the picture like a centerfold. I remember telling myself that it would someday be mine and set about saving up for it. I found one on eBay for too good a price to pass up and proceeded to pay, what was then, an obscene amount of money for a watch. It isn't the most expensive watch I own but it is probably the most technologically advanced; it has a countdown timer that runs counter-clockwise. This was the first real watch I bought.

Name:  TAG Heuer.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  106.7 KB

Name:  TAG NATO.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  40.9 KB

The other watch I fell in love with was the Orient Mako. I got one on advice from others, and I was debating between the Mako and the Black Monster; I still may get one of those Monsters. The Mako is just the perfect watch in my mind. If someone forced me to only have one watch it would be the Orient Mako, no second thoughts.

Name:  Mako NATO.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  117.8 KB

Name:  Mako leather.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  Mako r:b.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  49.5 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. Likes meijlinder, is that my watch liked this post
    just thinking almost two years on and still the cwc is one of my most worn watches

and still looking as good today as did back when it was the op post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

11. Likes OhDark30 liked this post