Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Affordable of the decade

They still make something very similar to those

I remember my first digital-LCD I ordered mail order when I was early mid teens

Browse the catalogue..... 1984

Think this is the one I had:

Name:  w700.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  26.5 KB

And here's the one I had five years later

Name:  casio ana digi 1989.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  14.7 KB

God bless the people who have scanned in multiple issues of the Argos catalogue! This was £19 in the late 80s
    Last edited by Der Amf; Nov 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM.

3. Likes Seriously, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    I used to have one of those Casio calculator watches back in school
    lol yeah how did you think I got thou double maths on a Friday afternoon I mean double maths on a Friday afternoon what kids going to be concentrating well of course snotty henderson would be
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

We had double chemistry on Friday afternoons zzzzz
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

6. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post
    When I was thirteen on a Friday afternoon we had - I'm honest to god not making this up - we had quadruple Latin. (Through an administrative error me and my mate had got stuck in a class of geniuses who went onto to do things like study computer science at Cambridge) By end the end of the year they were letting me read a book quietly in the corner

8. Likes pepperami, is that my watch liked this post
    would this one count? =D
    sub $10, super durable and very accurate (mine is +1sec/week)

Name:  DSCN4783.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  53.8 KB

10. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    would this one count? =D
    sub $10, super durable and very accurate (mine is +1sec/week)

Name:  DSCN4783.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  53.8 KB
    It is definitely representative, but so far, the calculator watch is what I would love to wear as an 80's showpiece - on account that I haven t seen one the weeks in, hmm, forever, whereas the "standard " Casio is still about, in all its resin, silver or good variants.

I also seen to remember musical Casios, with 7 different tunes plus an eighth which you could make by pressing two buttons simultaneously and repeatedly.

I have been checking out eBay.co.UK on and off for about a week for a nice retro calculator watch with no luck. Does anyone have one I could borrow?
    Last edited by T1ck; Nov 29, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

When was the F91 first released....?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When I was thirteen on a Friday afternoon we had - I'm honest to god not making this up - we had quadruple Latin. (Through an administrative error me and my mate had got stuck in a class of geniuses who went onto to do things like study computer science at Cambridge) By end the end of the year they were letting me read a book quietly in the corner
    Caecilius est in artrio

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When was the F91 first released....?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+when+was+the+casio+f91w+released

91, appropriately enough

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post