Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** Fake Chinese Vostoks how to spot them ****

This is really helpful. I have no idea why they would fake something as inexpensive as a Vostok!
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    This is really helpful. I have no idea why they would fake something as inexpensive as a Vostok!
    this comes to mind
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Volgo View Post
    That sub/tank/thingie looks like something Marvin the Martian would emerge from! How anyone could think that was original...

well in a blurry lot pic with about 15 other watches might be taken for a sub

the second lot was better (not in a good way ) the tank looks like the tank but the colour of the one dial and yes the words lets it down but then again in joblots it hard to see close up details...

the first a friend gave me for me to check it out he was not fooled either but it came with other watches and it was just the tat in the box for the one he wanted you know how it goes with some joblots there about three you want and the rest not...

that was how I got the other two fakes in a mixed joblot with a blurry pic was taking a chance on a raketa quartz diver that I wanted
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well now they ant even trying a quartz would you believe

oh no no no

makes me
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Not sure whether anything of that is correct.
    Still foxed as to why they bother, real aren't too much anyway.

yeah some of the vostok was not doing to well of late I sold 5 kosher 80's vostoks working and none of them went higher then a tenner each and the cadets did very poorly too and these was from my private collection.. but a bit well loved shall we say ..

so yeah does confuse me as there are some that look kosher going £8 / £9 with post and seen one place doing new for like like £30 ish all in..

so yeah why is a strange one but the price of the good condition 80's one have taken a hit now too seen a lot of good quality ones go unsold at prices a couple of years back would have been snapped up.

think maybe as there are so many around now and with the fakes too maybe it has not helped the vostok ...

mean even a year ago if you was to type in vostok most was aboard with maybe one or two here now it's about equal
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

what can I say I am ahead of the game

but looking at the dial it is a easy spot
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy