Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reach the top of the mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Disagree when it comes to universal everyday watches. You can only go down from here. Anything more is just fluff. And this is after three years of ownership.

It's even spoiled me for every other Rolex. I tried to talk myself into the BLNR GMT again last week, and just can't. It would come to a gun fight with a knife with no blades. This was about the 30th time I've looked at adding one of these. It's just not as readable or usable as the white EXP II.
    It will def be difficult to top this one for sure. But I still have love for my micros.

2. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I think you misunderstood my humour.
    I wasn't putting the watch down, it was just a comment that you're never finished while you have a bunch of enablers like us around.
    Fully understood, but maybe you don't understand that for three plus years I've posted at every opportunity I can on any forum that this is the best everyday watch made regardless of price. See I've said it three times in this thread alone. In nearly 40 years of collecting I've never been so smitten with a watch. IMO he has reached the pinnacle for this type of watch. There is nothing better at any price for an everyday sport watch(which are the only things in my collection). Now maybe in dress watches something with two dozen complications may be impressive, but not better. Besides are you really going to wear that everyday even in harsh environments? I've had to scrub paint off of mine with a tooth brush, and I rarely take it off no matter what I'm doing. It makes my AD cringe. Add that with the black hands and markers, on a white dial, with tuns of lume there really is nothing more readable in any light condition made. The comfort, even as tight as I wear a watch is off the chart. I've tried everything else that might even come close. They are just not worthy.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes scottjc, Danny_T liked this post
    Besides are you really going to wear that everyday even in harsh environments? I've had to scrub paint off of mine with a tooth brush, and I rarely take it off no matter what I'm doing. It makes my AD cringe.

Lol. I treated my Tag Heuer Kirium just as badly, that why my beater these days is made from tungsten carbide :wink:
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

6. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Lol. I treated my Tag Heuer Kirium just as badly, that why my beater these days is made from tungsten carbide :wink:
    This along with my Marine Master SBDB013 Spring Drive Tuna occupy 90% of my wrist time. So maybe you could call them my beaters? I seem to find my watches constantly in water from either our heavy rains here, our ponds (Fish and water lilies), fixing sprinklers, daily hosing down the porch, washing dogs and cars...plus the ocean since we live near the beach. The Seiko is more of a recent thing, and not as universal as the EXP II which I've worn with a suit.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Fully understood, but maybe you don't understand that for three plus years I've posted at every opportunity I can on any forum that this is the best everyday watch made regardless of price. See I've said it three times in this thread alone. In nearly 40 years of collecting I've never been so smitten with a watch. IMO he has reached the pinnacle for this type of watch. There is nothing better at any price for an everyday sport watch(which are the only things in my collection). Now maybe in dress watches something with two dozen complications may be impressive, but not better. Besides are you really going to wear that everyday even in harsh environments? I've had to scrub paint off of mine with a tooth brush, and I rarely take it off no matter what I'm doing. It makes my AD cringe. Add that with the black hands and markers, on a white dial, with tuns of lume there really is nothing more readable in any light condition made. The comfort, even as tight as I wear a watch is off the chart. I've tried everything else that might even come close. They are just not worthy.

I was and still am smitten eveytime I lay eyes on the Exp2 and wear it since it has arrived. Size wise it really is perfect. It's like a halo for the wrist. Angelic in every way!

10. Likes Samanator liked this post