Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show me some Cali Dials!

Show me some Cali Dials!

There are a few holes in my collection that I'd like to fill and this is one of them. I've seen my share over the years, some better than others, but I always glossed over them somewhat and never paid enough attention to be able to say 'that's the one I want!'

This is where you come in.

Kindly show me what you've got, or what you like. Only real criteria for me is no dress watches and between 41-43mm that doesn't have lugs from here to the coast. Oh and automatic. If I had to describe the ideal watch I was looking for it would be an LLD with Cali dial and small seconds subdial. Yeah, I know... Lol

Cheers
    Last edited by Chase; Dec 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM.

3. Likes synequano, Norm, Cybotron liked this post
    First watch that came to mind is Panerai pictured above but it has 47 mm case which is wayyy above the requirements,though the radiomir fits small

I don't know the model number,but I remember that Citizen has cali dial watches as well...

Yeah so many of the options out there are in the 47mm range like the pams or fliegers with the same problem.

Think I may have solved my own problem though. Going to look at picking up a Tudor Heritage Ranger and having a custom dial made. Should be able to get that done for 5-600 for a quality piece. It won't be hand painted like the Ranger dial but that's ok even though that would really make it kick ass! I don't have the steady hand I used to to do it myself though. That said 2824-2 blanks shouldn't be that hard to find so maybe it is worth a try! Hmm... or maybe it's after midnight and I'm coming up with a bad idea that will fail miserably lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    or maybe it's after midnight and I'm coming up with a bad idea that will fail miserably lol
    Yeah, that ^^^^^

Seriously, as someone who loves balanced dials I just don't "get" Cali dials at all.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    Seriously, as someone who loves balanced dials I just don't "get" Cali dials at all.
    I do like balanced dials as well, often to the point of not wanting a date wheel on it.
    Sometimes I don't mind mixing things up s little though, take me just a little out of my comfort zone. A hint of eccentricity never hurt anyone either

(not to defend or excuse late night ramblings of course)

8. Likes OrangeSport liked this post
    Been thinking a bit more about my crazy Cali Ranger idea and came across this dial which would be a straight swap. It's not exactly what I'd have wanted if I designed it myself and had it custom made, but for $30 it's close enough to consider.

For reference:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  50.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  54.1 KB
    I don't have photoshop on my iPad otherwise I'd do a real mockup with the Cali dial on the ranger with hands and all.

Kobold has some really nice ones.

"He's just a witness"

They do, and there's one model I really liked, but way to large for me.

Picked up the first, and most important piece of the puzzle today.

Will I go through with it and order the dial and have it swapped? Well, that remains to be seen. In the meantime I'll enjoy the Ranger and see what the new year brings.

(Lousy cell phone picture but it's all I've got so far)
    Last edited by Chase; Dec 30, 2014 at 05:23 AM.

13. Likes garydusa, iyonk, synequano, DM71 liked this post