Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relaxed SOTC

Second group - The Russians!

The Amphibia blue dude is another one of those watches I bought early on, sold, and then replaced. I've owned and sold 2 other Amphibias since then (a Ship's Commander and a blue dialled ministry) and now have these 4. The Radio Room is the newest addition and my current favourite.
    There's so much to like about these Vostoks, cheap, solid, distinctive and lots of fun.

2. Likes man of kent, Der Amf, 93EXCivic liked this post
    Next solo piece is this vintage Omega Constellation, which I bought a year or so ago. The dial has been refinished, and not perfectly, which meant I got it for a hell of a lot less than an untouched piece in similar condition would have cost, but that doesn't bother me at all.

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    It's a very pretty watch, and a nice size too

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's a very pretty watch, and a nice size too
    Yes, it's one of those watches that makes me welcome having the wrists of a teenage girl

7. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post
    So we must be due a group shot next.

Chinese
    -- Alpinist
    Russian
    -- Omega

*waits with greedy patience*

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    So we must be due a group shot next.

Chinese
    -- Alpinist
    Russian
    -- Omega

*waits with greedy patience*
    Unfortunately you won't get it until Wednesday as I'm away for a couple of days. But yes, will probably be Casio next.

OK, I'm done with patience. Next!

11. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    I wasn't kidding about this being relaxed...
    Casio group shot

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I love me a Casio, cheap, functional, fun. I've probably owned twice as many as are represented here

Okay, roughly back to front
    DW290 - the pre g-shock, the watch Tom Cruise wore in Mission: Impossible. The first time I saw this in a WRUW thread I knew I had to have one, it's a beast, but wears well as Casios tend to. Here it is with some broccoli in the background for Raza.

AMW320 - this is big for me but wears well. I got mine cheap off eBay and the alarm doesn't work but it's still a fun watch, especially on the Nato

W94HF - I wanted a digital watch that worked on a Nato and this works perfectly. Small and low profile, but still kind of badass looking.

AE1200 - The Casio Royale - wonderfully 80s and geek cool

Yellow F91W - the Al Qaeda watch in fetching mustard yellow

G-Shock GS300 - this was the first expensive (relatively speaking) watch I owned. My daily wearer for about 3 years. Still love it

W735H - Looks like a G but much cheaper. And it has a vibrating alarm!

F91W in black - the classic
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Dec 5, 2014 at 08:10 PM.

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Today's solo piece is the Seiko SKX013, the mid-size version of the classic SKX007.
    I've tried a few Seiko divers, the 007, 031, 033, orange Monster, black Monster and Sumo, but the smaller 013 is the one that works best for me. It's a great size and extremely handsome, my only complaint are the slightly rattly hollow end links.

17. Likes Der Amf liked this post