Likes Likes:  18

View Poll Results: What wrist do you wear your watch on?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

13 27.08%
  • Left

33 68.75%
  • I am Diego Maradona

2 4.17%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What wrist do you wear your watch (and why)

What wrist do you wear your watch (and why)

The genesis of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I rest my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    That explains some things...
    I am right handed, but I think I just started wearing it on the other wrist to be contrarian in middle school, and now it's just became a habit.

Over the years, I have found it pretty helpful to have it on my right, as opposed to my left. What about you guys?
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; Nov 27, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm right-handed. Watch goes on my left wrist. Non-dominant hand, which means (slightly) less likely to get banged around.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

left, but I'm a righty. This just seems to be the standard I guess. Also with digital watches, it's easier to set and use with my dominant hand, with the watch on the non dominant.

I also talk with my phone in my left hand contrary to what seems to be the norm. This is out of habit of being able to hold the phone in my left, while writing with my right hand (or dialing back in the day).
    Last edited by gnuyork; Nov 27, 2014 at 07:43 PM.

Interesting. I am right handed as well, but never considered the fact that the watch would get banged up more (or less) on any one hand.

Although I do think that when I am writing, I am careful not to let the watch bang against the desk. Which I suppose wouldn't happen if it were on my left hand.

If you wear it on the right, pushers and crowns don't dig into your hand and are easier to operate. Makes total sense. I can't do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    left, but I'm a righty. This just seems to be the standard I guess. Also with digital watches, it's easier to set and use with my dominant hand, with the watch on the non dominant.

I also talk with my phone in my left hand contrary to what seems to be the norm. This is out of habit of being able to hold the phone in my left, while writing with my right hand (or dialing back in the day).
    My phone technique is the same. And watch on the left wrist, where it belongs
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Oops, hit the wrong button. Actually wear 'em on my left, not my right. Why? Force of habit mostly. But if you want to know the real reason it has to do with a sacred oath I took many years ago. This was part of a secret ceremony involving a drop of blood from my fingertip, sacrificing of a goat, incantations in Pali, ritual deflowering of Maltese virgins, ingestion of a secret decoction containing vile porky unmentionables and thimblewort, howling at the quartered moon, invoking the spirit of Gadiolinus, kneeling before an altar of skulls, and vowing to never, on pain of death, wear a watch on any wrist other than my left.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

8. Likes chicago, wschofield3 liked this post
    Dude, what were you smoking and where can I get some?

10. Likes chrono555 liked this post
    Old Fogey Support Team chrono555's Avatar
    At the car, just fetching your zimmer frame.
    Right. Just to be different.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Dude, what were you smoking and where can I get some?
    Given the time frame it was most likely black Nepali hash. That stuff was exquisite. Then again it could've been Thai stick. Wouldn't have a clue where to source either these days. <sigh>
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

13. Likes M. Montaigne, Seriously, chicago liked this post