Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good home remedies for a pulled muscle?

Any good home remedies for a pulled muscle?

Hi Guys,

I pulled a muscle in my back, on my left shoulder blade, can barely move my left arm. I've been here before so I applied heat, took paracetamol and a muscle relaxant and immobilized my arm. In one week or so I should be good to go, but since there is a wealth of knowledge here , including people who like to bust themselves up ( that means you M! ) I wonder if any of you has any trade secrets to share?

In case you are wondering what I did to pull my muscle this morning, I was sitting and then I stood up .... although yesterday I moved some furniture so I guess that had something to do with it

Blog Entries
    I once pulled a muscle reaching for a light switch. Seriously. I couldn't drive for two days. It was agonizing.

I have no advice to offer, but plenty of sympathy.

Jeannie

3. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I once pulled a muscle reaching for a light switch. Seriously. I couldn't drive for two days. It was agonizing.

I have no advice to offer, but plenty of sympathy.

Jeannie
    It's not that bad, I just can't move or it hurts

Swedish massage by a swedish blonde.

I recently had a frozen shoulder , well I had both go , 1st one sorted with keyhole surgery, the 2nd appeared shortly after the surgery and I worked that one out without surgery

Hah, Claudio we're the same age, and I did this twice this year already. I seriously have never had issues like this in the past, must be gettin' old lol. My chiro just recommended icing and heating many times, and if you want Ibuprofen, though I try to minimize that.

Blog Entries
    Sorry the only thing that works for me is rest and the muscle relaxants. I usually throw my back out lifting the grandkids out of the car.

Me: Doctor it hurts when I do that.
    Doctor: Well, don't do that.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    Time applied liberally? I've had good results with icy-hot patches.

Lots of calcium/magnesium/zinc and hot baths.

Hot baths will fix that fast...good luck

As it happens I was not in the forum because I was taking a hot bath, so I'm headed in the right direction!