Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday today, on Black Friday...how apropos :)

Birthday today, on Black Friday...how apropos :)

Part 1

Bday today, just another day to me quite honestly.

So the wife decides to treat me to a "wonderful" day out shopping, "Honey would you like to go shopping today?"...I respond "Honey, no I really wouldn't "..."Oh, really ?" she says

You see: She just got out of the hospital 2 days ago with a broken hip, is full of meds..and must be pushed around in a wheelchair. Are you friggin kidding me ?, this is considered a good time for the hubby ? Fighting mobs of sale and bargain hunters, bumping and fighting over a pair of plaid socks...all while pushing a temporarily handicapped and stoned shopper, around in a 7 foot long wheelchair, of course in isles that are 1/2 the size needed for a walking person.

So I went with plan B: I said: "How bout I just give you money to go, and I enjoy my day my way ?"...she says "SURE !!!" I can see the glazed the SALE signs in her eyes, the addiction is sad...probably impossible to cure

Negotiation summery:
    1) I give the stoned, but lovely wife $750 to dribble away.
    2) I must then give $250 to the foolish & naive (but caring) daughter willing to drive/push the cripple to the mall.
    3) Happy birthday to me, it was worth every friggin penny(they should have held out for more, I'd have gone double).

2. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Don't forget the ramming potential of shopping with a wheelchair.
    My mum once went to the January sales in a plaster cast from shoulder to hip.
    Some surprised people trying to elbow past her !
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    My mum once went to the January sales in a plaster cast from shoulder to hip.
    Some surprised people trying to elbow past her !
    I think I would like your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    the addiction is sad...probably impossible to cure
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_therapy

Jeannie

5. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Black Friday to the rescue for me.
    In Canada we don't have the Thursday holiday, but the local retailers are rapidly adopting Black Friday. They have to compete with cross-border shopping in the US. I mean we send busloads of people down there from Ottawa.
    This morning I was shaving and suddenly my reliable old Norelco fell apart. The flexible head just went to pieces. So I was off to the local Walmart and got a nice replacement for a great Black Friday price. Of course my wife came along so we ended up buying a bunch of other stuff like Hot Wheels gear and boxes of Ferraro Rocher candy. Win some, lose some.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    boxes of Ferraro Rocher candy.
    No Goo Goo Clusters, Ray?

Jeannie, who happens to know Ray loves Goo Goo Clusters

Blog Entries
    Oh Jeannie you can't buy them here. Or at least I haven't been able to find them.
    Something to put on the list for our next trip to the US.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Happy birthday: your decision was sound.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

10. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Part 2

My son and his wife are having major problems, divorce is imminent....and it's getting ugly fast. They have 3 children, 1 of which just went thru bone cancer. The Ewing Sarcoma she had, had a 10% survival rate..and she is one of the lucky ones,,,it's cured. But the stress and turmoil didn't help the marriage any, just put the final dagger in the heart.

She's(his wife) had major alcohol addiction problems, and I sent her to the best rehab facility available...that was 38k, didn't work either. She has not gone batcrap, violent & delusional...posting destructive lies about the family, hurting anyone in her path...and yet my son is still there. She called & txt'd me yesterday on the holiday repeatedly, with rude and terrible statements..trying to get a rise out of me.

She went to the family dinner at her parents yesterday, showed up drunk...wrecked into her fathers car, then hit the Uncles car for finality. The children watched out the window in shock, it's a sad situation...I feel horribly for the kids & my wonderful son. He's a great guy, hard worker, great hands-on father, very mellow individual.

She didn't come home last night, but showed up this morning at their house. She made sure to txt me a "Happy ******* bday ******* " first thing this morning...followed by more pleasantry for my day. My son went upstairs to find her with all his guns(usually locked in a safe), trying to fit bullets into the appropriate weapons...it's out of control. He felt the loaded guns were for his demise, not hers.

So he's on the way over to move into our place, and bring all the weapons & ammo here. The children are the real dilemma right now, police have been called...and not sure where we go from here, it's not going to be good either way.

So I did get out of shopping, but looks like a verbal bashing was deserved...and gun play may begin, oh happy day

Yep, Black Friday

PSo you know how many nice watches, I could have bought with 38k ?
    Last edited by Bwana; Nov 28, 2014 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Part 2

My son and his wife are having major problems, divorce is imminent....and it's getting ugly fast. They have 3 children, 1 of which just went thru bone cancer. The Ewing Sarcoma she had, had a 10% survival rate..and she is one of the lucky ones,,,it's cured. But the stress and turmoil didn't help the marriage any, just put the final dagger in the heart.

She's(his wife) had major alcohol addiction problems, and I sent her to the best rehab facility available...that was 38k, didn't work either. She has not gone batcrap, violent & delusional...posting destructive lies about the family, hurting anyone in her path...and yet my son is still there. She called & txt'd me yesterday on the holiday repeatedly, with rude and terrible statements..trying to get a rise out of me.

She went to the family dinner at her parents yesterday, showed up drunk...wrecked into her fathers car, then hit the Uncles car for finality. The children watched out the window in shock, it's a sad situation...I feel horribly for the kids & my wonderful son. He's a great guy, hard worker, great hands-on father, very mellow individual.

She didn't come home last night, but showed up this morning at their house. She made sure to txt me a "Happy ******* bday ******* " first thing this morning...followed by more pleasantry for my day. My son went upstairs to find her with all his guns(usually locked in a safe), trying to fit bullets into the appropriate weapons...it's out of control. He felt the loaded guns were for his demise, not hers.

So he's on the way over to move into our place, and bring all the weapons & ammo here. The children are the real dilemma right now, police have been called...and not sure where we go from here, it's not going to be good either way.

So I did get out of shopping, but looks like a verbal bashing was deserved...and gun play may begin, oh happy day

Yep, Black Friday

PSo you know how many nice watches, I could have bought with 38k ?
    Terrible thing for the whole family to have to deal with, particularly the children. My sympathy to you all.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    In Canada we don't have the Thursday holiday, but the local retailers are rapidly adopting Black Friday.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bus...erseas-n257666

Jeannie