Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Diastar 81 project

Diastar 81 project

My lcd Diastar 81 has been, and continues to be, an ongoing project. I hope, however, that it is now nearing completion.
    It arrived with a dead movement and badly degraded dial, although I managed to pick up a replacement ESA9315 for next to nothing, so I started with this.

I hated the condition of the dial so I didn't wear it much. Luckily there was recently a load of Rado dials for sale on ebay and I managed to pick up a nice slice of meteorite.

The bad news was that the dial feet didn't fit the ESA9315 so I had to investigate other options.
    A stoke of luck was that a friend has bought a Rado Chrono-Quartz for the bracelet so I got this.

The new dial fits this movement so I have now ended up with quite a striking, if non-running, lcd watch.

So all I need to do is get this movement running...
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

2. Likes Henry Krinkle, tribe125 liked this post
    That looks great, you definitely need to get that going.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    That looks great, you definitely need to get that going.

Thanks mate. The dial was a sample made for Rado as a one-off, I think. I've certainly never seen a mineral dial like it.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches