For sale is a Grand Seiko SBGF027 dress watch with the highly accurate 8J55 quartz movement. The case, dial, and hands combine to make a beautiful dress watch that becomes versatile on the comfortable GS bracelet as well. It looks great on a leather strap as well as on a perlon strap for more casual wear.

The movement is the thermo-compensated, high-accuracy (±10 seconds per year) 8J55, and was only ever used in the Grand Seiko line. It has an independently adjustable hour hand, which allows for quick and easy timezone and DST changes without having to reset the seconds hand. The battery life is 5 years, but I am unsure when it was last changed as I bought it pre-owned. It will be easy to tell when the battery is low because the seconds hand will move 2 seconds at a time to indicate a low battery. The screw-back case allows for an easy battery change and the GS gold cover will prevent any damage to the movement itself (see pictures from web below of 8J55 movement).

The case is in great condition with minor scratches and dings but nothing noticeable. It's been well taken care of by the looks of it when I purchased it and I have been careful with it since taking ownership. The crystal is in good condition with a minor scratch on the anti-reflective outer coating near the 2 o'clock marker, which is only visible when held a few inches away from the face. The crown is clean and in great condition. The caseback is in very good condition and has a light engraving made by the previous owner (visible in picture below). Water resistance should be to 100 m, however I would test it with your watchmaker before going diving with it (I have not taken it in the water since I have dive watches for that purpose).

Price is $900 including Paypal, US Priority shipping, and the GS box. I'm not sure if it's the original box, as it has a Spring Drive manual tucked in there as well, however it looks like other GS quartz boxes I've owned previously. Please PM if you are an international buyer so we can arrange for the extra shipping costs, or if you have any other questions.

Name:  DSC00238.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  60.2 KBName:  DSC00215.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  94.3 KBName:  DSC00208.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  84.1 KBName:  DSC00210.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  65.3 KBName:  DSC00206.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  76.0 KBName:  DSC00207.jpg
Views: 510