I had posted pics of this specimen on the old scwf and on wus many years ago and having just recently run across them, I decided I might post them up here for anyone who's relatively new. You might get a kick out of this.

I purchased this one from a gentleman in Alberta who sent his Seiko 6105-8119 to the Canadian Seiko Repair Centre for a complete overhaul. At the time, they were the only one left in the world with NOS case assemblies for the 6105 and by all accounts he got the last one.

The thing is ...... The case back serial no. Starts with an 8. The 811x's ran from 1970 to 77 and the serial number starts with the year it was produced so this is a 1978. The case back also has engine turning and the crown is of a different design. Both, at the time of the original posts on this, unseen before.

I took some macros so here's a repost. Enjoy.

It's still in the same condition, stored in the vault. My prized possession. Not sure if there is another 1978 case back out there as I'm not so active on the forums but I think it's probably the best surviving specimen out there. Hard to get more pristine than that.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the photo shoot.

Take care,
Tim