Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly the finest and rarest 6105-8119 in the world - lots of macros

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    These models don't have a screw down crown, just a mechanism that keeps the crown from turning when on the wrist. It's a small pin protruding from the case next to the crown tube, which fits into one of the splines on the outside of the crown. The "LOCK" with the counter-clockwise arrow is definitely misleading. The best explanation I've read was that Seiko is suggesting that you turn the crown in a counter-clockwise direction when attempting to get one of the crown splines to align with the pin. If you were to turn clockwise, you might accidentally advance the date.

Tim, thanks for sharing this beauty again!
    All those pics and not one shows what you're talking about.

I'll google some. Thanks for the explanation.

Do those lug holes have inserts in them???
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Great pictures of some very interesting watches that I have never seen before. Nice.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

fabulous watch -certainly the most desirable vintage Seiko that exists -the phrase 'hen's teeth comes to mind ' lost out many times trying to bid for one - maybe get lucky one day , great images btw -thankyou

Savagely Average
    Thanks for posting. I wish I knew enough about watches to understand how awesome this really is.