Likes Likes:  71
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not popular BUT Loved...

Name:  DSC_4606.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  42.1 KBThe OTHER square, my only G.
    Last edited by Jake; Dec 1, 2014 at 08:26 PM.

2. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post

G-2900

Great crisp display, weird "sailboat" graphic, nice compact size, oddball e-data feature.
    I have a black G2900. In 2003 I thought the e-data feature was awesome haha.

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    This AWRM100 (non-atomic) seem to fit in this group =)
    Attachment 2681
    That is the only G-Shock I own, and it is an outstanding watch!!! It has held up to all sorts of sports....salt, fresh, and chlorinated water....manual labor.....many oils, cleaners, petroleum substances, etc.....the world timer function has helped me in four countries......and it has NEVER let me down.

I also love it because it is not as large and "funky" as many of its brethren, which is my preference.

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have a black G2900. In 2003 I thought the e-data feature was awesome haha.
    EXACTLY!

I still use the e-data feature on an old G-2300 that I often wear when flying internationally. I keep passport numbers, etc. in there -- and there are times that it is more convenient to just press a button or two on my watch than to dig out the passport or my iPhone. By and large, though, technology has made these old programmable data files pretty quaint.

Blog Entries
    I have to say...this is a GREAT idea for a thread. It is really making me think of the various G's from deep in my collection that just don't get much thought. They see the light of day even less.

Anyone who has followed my "career" such as it is, knows that I LOVE the DW-650. I always cite this full fledged G-Shock, but ancestor to the early Baby-G's, in response to those inevitable repeated "Can A Man Wear A Baby-G" inquiries.

I've always liked my DWX-100. These G-Lide models never really seemed to catch on.

This is the obviously similar DWX-112.

I don't hear much about the GL-240. And I confess I need to learn more about it myself. But I have always liked it and it gets some wrist time in the summer.

8. Likes Rocat, iyonk, N/A liked this post
    EXACTLY!

I still use the e-data feature on an old G-2300 that I often wear when flying internationally. I keep passport numbers, etc. in there -- and there are times that it is more convenient to just press a button or two on my watch than to dig out the passport or my iPhone. By and large, though, technology has made these old programmable data files pretty quaint.
    When I did regularly wear the g2900 I also made good use of the four multi-function alarms(fairly loud alarms to boot) that you could assign a scrolling description to. An awesome feature I would like to see on a newer model with a vibe alarm.

Kronos, As a service to my wallet, please stop posting pictures of watches like these. I now want the GWX-110and a GL-240. I search the web, then find A, how rare they are or B, how expensive they are now. lol They do look good though.

I have to say...this is a GREAT idea for a thread. It is really making me think of the various G's from deep in my collection that just don't get much thought. They see the light of day even less.

Anyone who has followed my "career" such as it is, knows that I LOVE the DW-650. I always cite this full fledged G-Shock, but ancestor to the early Baby-G's, in response to those inevitable repeated "Can A Man Wear A Baby-G" inquiries.

I've always liked my DWX-100. These G-Lide models never really seemed to catch on.

This is the obviously similar DWX-112.

I don't hear much about the GL-240. And I confess I need to learn more about it myself. But I have always liked it and it gets some wrist time in the summer.

11. Likes BlackNomad liked this post

13. Likes I-B, BlackNomad liked this post
    GW-056, smallest G-Shock ever made

[

G-056 and GW-056

GW-056B

With GW-5000

15. Likes Jake, Kronos, Greg, I-B, BlackNomad liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    When I did regularly wear the g2900 I also made good use of the four multi-function alarms(fairly loud alarms to boot) that you could assign a scrolling description to. An awesome feature I would like to see on a newer model with a vibe alarm.
    Completely agree. Some of the activity trackers allow you to program all sorts of reminder alarms, but they don't generally come with text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk