Likes Likes:  379
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 27 December 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    This week's wrist watch, for going out when I just don't feel in a PW mood - a Zenith 405 Respirator AF/P. 36000 vph, Day/Date (in French).
    Often cited as 30mm - but my tape says 32mm w/o crown. Very nice original signed integrated SS bracelet.
    No clue how to remove the bracelet, but I did manage to re-size it. Similarly, no clue on how to pop the back off
    (and perhaps should leave well enough alone.)

One of my WWs that makes me happy for my small wrist. As opposed to those that make me happy that the shape of the wrist also accomodates more modern sizes.

Attachment 38781
    great watch -how/ why is that described by you as an integrated bracelet or am i missing something

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    great watch -how/ why is that described by you as an integrated bracelet or am i missing something
    Well...at least "integrated design". There seems to be an option for a standard strap connection, but the bracelet fits perfectly into the case, and appears to be held on with both spring bars AND a pair of tabs on the reverse side...which cover bolts with (do these snug the bracelet into place on the case? looks that way). I suppose it's *possible* to swap out, but definitely not advisable. It certainly is not a question of simply popping off the spring bars! It looks easier to remove the case back than the bracelet (and I'm not precisely sure how to do *that*!

For me - that makes it "integrated". I'll gladly defer to those with better knowledge and skills.

Further searching shows pictures of the bracelet removed, with 2 endpieces - but no illumination as to the purpose of the bolts under the tabs
    I have seen similar (perhaps not *precisely* the same year/model) watches displayed on leather straps. I prefer the look of the SS bracelet.
    The bracelet is marked NSA and signed Zenith on the clasp.

Instruction on these finer points of bracelet design welcome.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Noon switch to the Pilot's 1938.

Nothing better to close the door to the old 2015 (not a great year here, no it wasn't ) than my last - highly debatable - acquisition

Attachment 38771

Attachment 38772
    To a good 2016, C!

5. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    To a good 2016, C!
    Thanks a lot, Jane.

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Well...at least "integrated design". There seems to be an option for a standard strap connection, but the bracelet fits perfectly into the case, and appears to be held on with both spring bars AND a pair of tabs on the reverse side...which cover bolts with (do these snug the bracelet into place on the case? looks that way). I suppose it's *possible* to swap out, but definitely not advisable. It certainly is not a question of simply popping off the spring bars! It looks easier to remove the case back than the bracelet (and I'm not precisely sure how to do *that*!

For me - that makes it "integrated". I'll gladly defer to those with better knowledge and skills.

Further searching shows pictures of the bracelet removed, with 2 endpieces - but no illumination as to the purpose of the bolts under the tabs
    I have seen similar (perhaps not *precisely* the same year/model) watches displayed on leather straps. I prefer the look of the SS bracelet.
    The bracelet is marked NSA and signed Zenith on the clasp.

Instruction on these finer points of bracelet design welcome.
    thankyou for reply Kenneth ,perhaps if you showed the back and the fittings ?

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    thankyou for reply Kenneth ,perhaps if you showed the back and the fittings ?
    I'll try - but it may take a few days - this will be a hectic week.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.