Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fun article on bamford

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i see a lot of imperfections on the watches, specially on the black ones (where the bracelet meets the case, the bracelets look far from perfect)

Attachment 2699
    If you are talking about the areas that look lighter it isn't the finish. It is a pattern I see all the time on coated and non-coated watches. It is a result of a quick wipe down of the watch with a cloth. If you look closely it is where the cloth doesn't get down into the areas that are protected by raised parts right next to them. You can see it on one side of the non-coated white sub in the OP's picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    You know, when the new TAG Heuer Golf watch was first released, we had a product seminar where we were told that the rubber strap of this titanium watch was, in fact, edible. About a year later, I cut a segment of the strap off a model that we had just sold to a customer. We were sizing it to his wrist and, beyond the clasp adjustment, it was sometimes necessary to grab a blade and cut away any excess rubber.
    The customer tried the watch on and was happy with the fit. He left our store a happy man. Afterwards, I had the cut-off segment of rubber in my hand and turned to one of my co-workers and said; "Hey, remember that training night where they said you could eat these straps?"

...you can't eat these straps. Lord knows I tried. You'd need teeth of steel (like Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me) just to bite through it. It, uh, was a slow day.
    I can't think why you left the trade, Tino. Solid job plus all the silicon you can eat...

3. Likes ilitig8 liked this post