Likes Likes:  395
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 3 January 2016 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Okay so I'll be needing a nice phono cartridge, something from Ortofon, Sumiko, Denon etc etc....a high output moving coil should do it

Hey thanks eh!

Peace,
    Preston

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Check out Soundsmith cartridges....that's what I'm getting with my new VPI Classic 3.

I am so late to the party on this one. Have a good rest of the evening, everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B.-

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Denon DL 110 (HOMC) - I love this cart.
    That's a good one and very forgiving on older vinyl, some of the earlier high output moving coils do/did a great job of subduing the lighter pops or scratches unlike moving magnet which pretty much transmit everything....well unless you go with a broadcast quality conical that does a great job but it can be murder on your vinyl.

Peace,
    Preston

4. Likes wschofield3, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    you guys better hook up if your @ the same place same time as 1 another. I would love to attend a CES

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapatalk
    Any time you want to go, just let me know. There are always extra badges available.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    I was just joking really but I do appreciate the offer, maybe we can do something down the road as I will be shopping for audio again. Home audio is one of my passions....which I'm sure you already know

Peace,
    Preston

Yes, I do! Any time, Preston!

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    you guys better hook up if your @ the same place same time as 1 another. I would love to attend a CES

I hear you there! I've taken in the Son Salon in Montreal, although purely home audio based it's a great experience to see/hear/touch kit that I'll never be able to afford. It's also cool to bring stuff home that I can afford which you'd never find in any stores.

Peace,
    Preston

7. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    [QUOTE=wschofield3;218663]Any time you want to go, just let me know. There are always extra badges

Thank you for the offer maybe someday

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    So after trying to have a local watch shop punch holes into my strap to help fit my wife this is what I got. The offline and larger holes drive me crazy...and worse it still didn't fit my wife . Good strap ruined. I felt sick to my stomach.

This was on Dec 20th. So I tried to find a smaller strap and I found something at Watchband center. It just came in the mail today and I just put it on for her.

The longer section is identical in length but has more holes, but equal to the punched holes of the other strap, which worried me. But luckily the shorter section is just a tad shorter (I'm talking mms) but it's enough that she can now wear it finally.

So I taught her how to set the time and told her she needs to wind it every morning. I got a look from that. She doesn't want to have to wind it every morning - - ...Well...I'm not gonna do it, so if she wants the correct time she'll have to do it, lol.

So there we go. Passing it along to her. I'm sure I'll be able to wear it now and then. The shorter strap was very close to the other one. I just thought the old one was a little nicer (French made).

and one more:

Last edited by gnuyork; Jan 4, 2016 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks for Sharing Gnuyork.. glad the lovely omega finally got a happy ending..

yeah, punching holes need some technique.. i've ruin some straps the same way..
    my wife also got an auto from me, she like the watch but hate to set it when she want to wear it.. so i told her, just set the time, dont bother with the day/date.. and that what she do..

12. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Forgot to mention, I'm wearing the PO today, but didn't take a pic

14. Likes KennethRSloan liked this post
    Went through something similar but less painful with my daughter. I gave her my Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques, and even after I punched additional holes (with an awl), it was really too long. So I ordered a short strap (110 x 70) from fredastraps.com. I was very nervous about changing straps on a gold watch, but got it done, and it fits her on the last hole. Whew!

She mainly wears it for when she goes out, but I taught her how to wind it and set the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post