Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discontinued VCs

Spectacular. What a fortunate owner he is.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Hadn't seen this one before. Bit terrifying!

Must have been in the "everyone needs a variation on the Gerald Genta theme" time period...

Why do I suddenly feel I need a chocolate biccie?
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

4. Likes meijlinder, mlcor, Ahriman4891 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Must have been in the "everyone needs a variation on the Gerald Genta theme" time period...
    Yes its just the square variation of the 222 which was their late 70s sportsleisurecasual watch.

(When I see line ups like that I always think that IWC had the looker of that era, and yet they're the company who had strayed furthest from the original design - the modern Ingenieur is nothing like as good that. Anyway, that's another thread)

The 222 got a very 80s replacement, the 333 which I have to say I'm thoroughly fascinated by

Then after that, a long time after the 70s, came the Overseas, whose spiky case is I think I read a combination of the 222 and a Maltese Cross

6. Likes FuzzyB, mlcor liked this post
    Now that one I like better, except for the date. And the gold bracelet (which, to top it off, looks proprietary).

The watch in the original post is a redial. The ampersand is the wrong font, and the S is funky.

It does, however, have one of the finest and prettiest automatics ever made - either the 1499 or 1071, and in the AP world, known as a caliber 2499 or 2071, depending on what year it was made. Same basic movement, one using 4 roller bearings through the rotor. Simply GORGEOUS!

Name:  K2071hj.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  286.9 KB

(picture obviously by Tony C.)