Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIGANDET RESURRECTION?

Just arrived! NATO on the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes T Bone, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Noiice! But what time is it? I can barely see the hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Just arrived! NATO on the way...

A friend located in the EU got these for me from Amazon.de and forwarded them as the German Gig dealer will not ship to North America.

Gigandet G2 subs, models 07, 08 and 019 with non-hacking Miyota movements.

Stealth Gigandet G2-010

Last edited by Yankeexpress; Dec 5, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

5. Likes T Bone, Chronopolitano, Chicolabronse liked this post
    G2-009

G2-013

Gigandet back

7. Likes T Bone, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Contrasting 3 green Subs....Alpha (Sea-Gull), Gigandet (Miyota), Squale (ETA)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    Contrasting 3 green Subs....Alpha (Sea-Gull), Gigandet (Miyota), Squale (ETA)

How does the gigandet compare in quality to the squale & steinhart subs?

sent from kindle fire

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    Noiice! But what time is it? I can barely see the hands!
    Yeah my pet hate having matching dial and hands. Not till bad in real life as the metal catches the light and makes the hands sparkle but why not just make them black or blue?

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Yeah my pet hate having matching dial and hands. Not till bad in real life as the metal catches the light and makes the hands sparkle but why not just make them black or blue?

The logic - if any - of this practice in the watch industry is impenetrable to me.
    I have raised this issue on the other forum, and no-one seemed to know either.
    There were some opinions that seemed to imply that less contrast makes a watch more a work of "art" and not a "tool."

This does seem to be the common assumption.

It seems to me like some form of insanity that so many accept this assumption without any foundation: to assume that matching hands and dial is somehow "more elegant," and high contrast means "tool."
    To me it's on the same order of insanity as saying animal X is OK to eat, but not animal Y, just because Y is... "cuter."

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    The logic - if any - of this practice in the watch industry is impenetrable to me.
    I have raised this issue on the other forum, and no-one seemed to know either.
    There were some opinions that seemed to imply that less contrast makes a watch more a work of "art" and not a "tool."

This does seem to be the common assumption, and it also happens to drive me crazy.

It seems to me like some form of insanity that so many accept this assumption without any foundation: to assume that matching hands and dial is somehow "more elegant," and high contrast means "tool."
    To me it's on the same order of insanity as saying animal X is OK to eat, but not animal Y, just because Y is... "cuter."
    I think it is poor design. If you can't really tell the time it doesn't matter how good it is, it is not fit for purpose!