Likes Likes:  91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just arrived - lots of pics and NOW with words

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I don't normally go 'huh?' at any of your normally brilliant english CFR , but this one's got me confused in the context it's in and I'm sayin 'huh?'.

You sure ?
    level of decoration instead of degree of ornamentation? You know, côtes de genève, blue screws and so on...?
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

2. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    decoration instead of ornamentation? You know, côtes de genève, blue screws and so on...?
    Oh cool , well then your original/first choice is as good as any ... I just didn't know how the ornamentation related to how it performed in 'the lab' ? or how it could affect the performance?...
    Perhaps your thinking if they spent all the money making it look pretty then maybe they didn't spend much on making it accurate ?

4. Likes watchdaddy1, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Oh cool , well then the first choice is as good as any ... I just didn't know how the ornamentation related to how it performed in 'the lab' ?
    Oh, that!

Well, it did once...but it was a long time ago. I don't know for sure, but there is a slightly chance that some sort of decoration was - in a certain timeframe - an indication of a carefully made product and in that sense, it could, eventually, have an effect in its performance. I said it could and eventually...

Now, how did I go?

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Now, how did I go?
    Perfectly cogent argument

Where do I sign again ?

7. Likes CFR liked this post
    Those big blue hands and numerals are beautiful, C!

I'm curious about the clasp. Does that little ball lever act as a lock? Does it also have a more traditional locking mechanism?

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Those big blue hands and numerals are beautiful, C!

I'm curious about the clasp. Does that little ball lever act as a lock? Does it also have a more traditional locking mechanism?
    Thanks, Brian.

And yes, the ball lever act - quite effectively - as a lock. This replaces the more usual mechanisms.

11. Likes FuzzyB, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty damn beautiful.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

13. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That's pretty damn beautiful.
    Thanks a lot, Raza.

Whew! What a watch! Great photos!

What sport does the Vanderbilt Cup pertain to? Golf, tennis, sailing???

16. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    Whew! What a watch! Great photos!

What sport does the Vanderbilt Cup pertain to? Golf, tennis, sailing???

motor racing

18. Likes CFR liked this post