Likes Likes:  320
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: I just came across this and I'm drooling...the 2016 thread

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can follow your thinking, and it's certainly a striking and original watch, but... I'd rather have the North Flag.

I think some of the Muhle style elements might grate after a while - the black bezel and bracelet inserts, the large triangles (especially the ? superfluous ones at 3, 6 & 9). I'd also struggle with the name, but that's a personal thing.

The North Flag, on the other hand, has some heritage and is one of the most striking designs of recent years (even if the design turned out to have some unsuspected (to me) antecedents).

Personally, I'd love to have an auto with a power reserve, but I know that a lot of people can't see the sense of it. Either way, the flush indicator is very nicely done in my view, and is a defining feature.
    Two years ago when I made my annual run to my Rolex/Tudor AD around my birthday it was a tough call between the Pelagos Blue and the North Flag. I chose the Pelagos and still feel it is still the best all around tool diver made. The blue helps it not seem so grey as the black does. The North Flag for me seemed a little redundant with the Exp. II, but since I have debated adding a standard Explorer or AirKing this is a very worthy challenger. The only place I see it actually not bettering it's Rolex cousins is the bracelet clasp. The Tudor setups are more difficult for me to open and lack the warm weather extension on the North Flag. Kind of easier to stomach at $3K less, but also the reason for the levels in my post above.

Similarly at nearly $1K less than the Tudor the MG brings the debate if you need in-house (70hr PWR) or a modified ETA and gain the 1000m WR? Agree that the brand is a little clouded for recognition, but if you would like to add a German everyday watch to your collection, this is a very solid candidate to do almost everything. These type of watches are few and far between.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Two years ago when I made my annual run to my Rolex/Tudor AD around my birthday it was a tough call between the Pelagos Blue and the North Flag. I chose the Pelagos and still feel it is still the best all around tool diver made. The blue helps it not seem so grey as the black does. The North Flag for me seemed a little redundant with the Exp. II, but since I have debated adding a standard Explorer or AirKing this is a very worthy challenger. The only place I see it actually not bettering it's Rolex cousins is the bracelet clasp. The Tudor setups are more difficult for me to open and lack the warm weather extension on the North Flag. Kind of easier to stomach at $3K less, but also the reason for the levels in my post above.

Similarly at nearly $1K less than the Tudor the MG brings the debate if you need in-house (70hr PWR) or a modified ETA and gain the 1000m WR? Agree that the brand is a little clouded for recognition, but if you would like to add a German everyday watch to your collection, this is a very solid candidate to do almost everything. These type of watches are few and far between.
    Muhle Glashutte make some great watches. I have enjoyed mine back in the day.
    Cheers,

Richard

3. Likes Samanator liked this post