Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand winding a Miyota 9015

Hand winding a Miyota 9015

I've read countless(arguably credible) claims that the 2824 will shred hand-winding parts over time if done a lot and without diligent care. I believe the claims. Some have been undeniable and I respect the experiences of others.

Question: anyone know any dirt on the Miyota 9015 when it comes to hand winding?

As much as I know is it has a different winding mechanism afaik (in the best sense of the word)
    ETA is bidirectional (with the reverser wheels that cause the problem when the lube dries out) , Miyota is unidirectional

I have never heard anyone mention the 9015 as having an issue with hand winding.

The 9015 is probably a bit new for anything conclusive, but it feels nice and solid to wind.

Undistinguished
    I hope it is not an issue.....because I have a couple 9015's that I hand wind regularly

I never hand wind my 9015 anyway. I am happy to say its very impressive in terms of reserve and accuracy though.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Tag Heuer F1

Undistinguished
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I never hand wind my 9015 anyway. I am happy to say its very impressive in terms of reserve and accuracy though.
    I hand wind mine to start the morning, every time.

I own several, the oldest going on four years, and I hand wind them whenever I strap one or the other on and find it's stopped. No problems yet.

Hand winding the Miyota 9015 is a dream compared to handwinding a 2824. They couldn't feel and sound any more different.

10. Likes Domo, Mediocre liked this post
    When I first got 2824 I *loved* the feel of the hand-winding. Then I learnt about the problems and realised that what I was enjoying was sound and feel of it killing itself. Guilty pleasure, huh?

Fortunately I've always found merely picking up the watch enough excitement to get it going.