Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New arrival - a bit 'o bronze

New arrival - a bit 'o bronze

Hi guys, for some time now I've been interested in trying out a bronze cased watch but most of them are large divers which don't appeal to me. I also had trouble finding one with a bronze crown which is my preference. But earlier this year Archimede introduced a 39mm version of their bronze pilot, and I recently decided to shout myself an early Christmas present. Here's some pics taken soon after unboxing the Archimede Bronze Pilot 39H:

Apologies for the lint.

As you can see the bronze is still fresh and bright. Over time I think it will age into a nice vintage look. At first inspection the quality of the case is very nice and lives up to what I expected of an Ickler case. I note also that I chose the double AR coated domed sapphire upgrade. I'll post some more comments in the German forum in about a month when I've had some time with the watch and when hopefully a bit of patina has started to develop.

Cheers!
    Last edited by GlennO; Dec 2, 2014 at 01:54 AM.

NIce!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

3. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Very nice! Bronze is something that has been on my mind for a while. Just need to make the plunge, because I think they look great.

5. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Curious... Today, I was browsing the Archimede web site and that specific model called my atention. Glad you got one. I'll wait for the review.

Congrats!
    Last edited by CFR; Dec 2, 2014 at 02:37 AM.

7. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Nice one Glenn -Ive been eyeing off a Archimede pilot for a while now- what was your rationale in going for the 39mm over the 42 as I'm a bit confused about what size i would get.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

9. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Very nice, both watch and pics, congrats!!

11. Likes GlennO liked this post
    That's a great looking watch!

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Very nice! Bronze is something that has been on my mind for a while. Just need to make the plunge, because I think they look great.
    You have 8+ Panerais and no bronze?? I saw a nicely aged (I think) PAM382 at a Melbourne GTG. Looked pretty good I gotta say - and that's coming from me

13. Likes GlennO liked this post
    NIce! 39mm looks good on your wrist. Looking forward to the review and how the patina develops!

15. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Very nice!! I wasn't actually a fan of bronze cases...until I saw this.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

17. Likes GlennO liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I'd been eyeing this one since they released it (last year? beginning of this year?). Anyway, great choice.

Definitely post some periodic patina updates. Congrats!

19. Likes GlennO liked this post