Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just gotta say...

I just gotta say...

Under cover of darkness, I paid a visit to that other forum earlier today. Briefly. It felt weird. The layout looked famiiar; I have a few thousand posts over there (mostly white noise and bad photos, as you know), yet it seemed like a foreign land I'd never been to. I didn't recognize many of the names. It had a strange, unfamiliar vibe.
    Then I came back here. It was like coming home, like slipping into a comfy robe and slippers by the fireplace.

Sorry to have to inform you all, but I like it here. Oh yes, very much. I'm staying.

And thank you to the admins and mods for making this forum "home".

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

There is always a positive side, you know? When I started to post there, my pics - and I'm not saying they're particular impressive now - were quite embarrasing. Now, it requires a fair amount of effort to actually see them. And that's a good thing.

3. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I still visit both. I just do not find nearly as many threads there that look interesting when I select the New Posts link as I once did

5. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    There is always a positive side, you know? When I started to post there, my pics - and I'm not saying they're particular impressive now - were quite embarrasing. Now, it requires a fair amount of effort to actually see them. And that's a good thing.

Say what? Not impressive?? Good luck making that one fly!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Say what? Not impressive?? Good luck making that one fly!

~Sherry.
    Oh, but now it's a relief to see all those old pics proportionally reduced. Trust me: it is.

Blog Entries
    Most of the regulars who posted there have joined up here, so that's good. I also began to notice quite a lot of old threads being resurrected. We're talking threads dating back to 2008, for example. I'd click on those threads to see what new posts were added only to find some lacklustre comment along the lines of "looks good on your wrist" or "I would sell it if I were you". Hardly the sort of comment that seems relevant to the topic five years later.
    Also, quite a few recent comments and started threads from members who joined years ago, but have only posted less than ten or fifteen times. I thought forums were designed to add to as well as to take away from.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Oh, but now it's a relief to see all those old pics proportionally reduced. Trust me: it is.
    Give it up already! You take some of the most amazing pics of your [equally amazing] watches on either forums.

So there.

~S.

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Give it up already! You take some of the most amazing pics of your [equally amazing] watches on either forums.

So there.

~S.
    My last post was @ 19 November. I deleted my avatar and that was it. No big deal, actually.

I didn't think to check when my last post was; I seem oddly unattached to a place where I spent posting for the last six years.

14. Likes CFR liked this post
    The redundancy over there is why it's great here. I've popped in a few times and the content is just plain boring... Threads we've all seen 100 times. I don't even bother to post and leave within minutes. It's sad but the watch-nerd fights are the most entertaining part. Maybe it's run its course.

16. Likes popoki nui, Upstate, jsw41 liked this post